Replacement blue terminal block Classic 150

Started by wechosthegoodlife, January 30, 2019, 08:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wechosthegoodlife

Hi All,
Sometime ago my battery connector got somewhat hot due to slightly loose connection and melted the blue plastic housing.  I have since moved the Classic to its final resting place but the terminal strip is looking sad & the screw head is now damaged.
Is a replacement available & what is the procedure to replace?
Thanks in advance.

Westbranch

Did you do a search for TERMINAL BLOCK?  I got a page full of hits  with this  http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

I seem to remember others with that issue (wanting ta replacement)...

boB may be along  some time soon?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

wechosthegoodlife

Yep I searched & "terminal block" returns a fair bit but I cannot see anything there about replacing it.  But I've been told before I cannot see right in front of me:)

boB

We should be able to get you one if you really want to try replacing it.  It's REAL hard to do though only because the PCB is 4 Oz. 4 layer and those are big connectors underneath it.  It takes a "big bertha" or huge soldering iron just to melt the solder as I remember.  Then again, it may be doable because there are 4 lugs and each one has 2 or 4 prongs that solder in and you might be able to break the blue plastic part to be able to do it in 4 pieces.  THen you solder the whole 4 piece block in as a single component.  That is, if you are lucky to get all of the holes cleared enough.

I would recommend calling tech support and getting an RMA to have Midnite replace it if you can.  They are pretty good at replacing those I think.
Might be worth a call to ask about it ?

I've been doing this stuff for many decades now and even I would rather they replace one of those blocks than for me to try.  Would take a lot of swearing and grunting nowadays I think.   But mainly because I'm old now.  :)

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

wechosthegoodlife

Thanks Bob that clears that one up for me.  I'd be better off buying a spare power board (or another Classic) and sending this one off for repair.

FNG

I would suggest emailing me ryan@midnitesolar.com, We can issue an RMA for the repair of that one and give you a quote on the replacement board also if you want to go that route

boB

Of course, if you DO go the route of getting another Classic OR just a Classic power board, you COULD I suppose
keep that power board and just make some way of using the bad terminal and keep it as a spare ?
Either spare unit or spare power board ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me