To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Beta units

Started by Bunkie314, January 18, 2019, 04:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunkie314

Are beta units available/out yet?  ???

Have users been selected yet? :-\
10-ePVL 136w unisolar panels, 3-lifeline 4D AGM batteries, 2012 Magnasine inverter/charger and two kids on mobile app.

30 Solartech 305w mono awaits remote cabin install

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Bunkie314

My bad.  :-[

I thought there would be test units of the B17-5 & B17-3 sent to selected users for in service testing.  Will they be released any time soon? I want to get one of each.

Or am I completely behind and they are available?
10-ePVL 136w unisolar panels, 3-lifeline 4D AGM batteries, 2012 Magnasine inverter/charger and two kids on mobile app.

onanparts

Quote from: Bunkie314 on January 18, 2019, 04:53:10 PM
Are beta units available/out yet?  ???

Have users been selected yet? :-\

Not yet. Stay tuned in this B-17 sub forum for an announcement on when the Beta units will be available, and the details on how to get involved with the Beta testing etc.
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

onanparts

Pic of the B17 rear board that the modules plug in at.

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

qrper

I don't know about others, but having Midnite solar build these in the USA matters to me.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Highflyer

Onan,

Any video?  Did they make it to SPI?

Thanks for the update.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Vic

Brian,   I am not onan,

BUT,  went to SPI in San Francisco, 2017,   and the B17  was there,   looking finished.   Very impressive box!   It was not making power,   but  all of the mechanicals worked well,   meters were lit,   modules were swappable,   electronics were in place,  etc.

A Rosie 3D-printed enclosure was there,   as well,   but,   IIRC,  there were no electronics inside.

SO,   seems that we will not need to wait too many more months before some units might become available.

FWIW,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Highflyer

Vic,

I was hoping that the current state of the boxes would be recorded so we could get a glimpse.  I too am waiting patiently.  Now that I have gone 48 Volt, I really want to see Rosie out in the wild.  Also, Barcelona could change the game as well with 200-600 volt inputs.  My Kid is producing +1200 watts and getting a bit warm. All in good time.  When they are ready, we will get to see and use them.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Bunkie314