Wind speed data monitoring

Started by tecnodave, February 04, 2019, 03:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicCrazy

Some of the electricians around here don't have the same attention to detail and quality work that you do.
But then again a lot of people don't want to pay for someone to do good work - they want cheap and they get what they pay for.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

tecnodave

Larry,

You nailed it on the head. I messed around with Chinese controllers for a while having to top up my batteries every week with a generator. Then I meet the Classic. The Chinese junk went out the door.

Little picture of me at work, it has been said that I have my head in the clouds.....

David

Not sure I got the right ones, that is two 240 volt 3 phase delta high leg services right next to me, the transformers to my right are 50 kW for A & B phases and one more 25 kW for phase C. Don't flinch!
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

ClassicCrazy

Wish I was closer - I would help for free just to watch and see how you do some of that stuff !

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

tecnodave

Larry,

I have a few licensed contractors who come and help out on the most exiting ones for expereince. They don't want pay, just the expereince. When I'm up a pole like you see , I will always have a helper. I need someone to cover my back, or at least call for help if I really blow it but mainly to help me concentrate on the job. I adopt the same rules that utility workers do, nobody on the job site without my permission. I certainly can't have anybody distracting me up there. My helper on the job shown is a young pre-electrician whose hobby is photo's. I have great documentation. Can't allow distractions.  If you go and yell at a Pacific Gas and Electric line worker doing 100 kv work the ground guy will knock you out. I've seen it happen.  I do watch utility workers doing the dangerous stuff. A freind who works for that utility steps  out of helicopters onto live 100kv. Lines live and does repairs 100-150 feet up. They do not shut down lines like that. If any one of the crew gets a bad feeling about that aspect of the job, they stop and get centered before going back up. Guys up there wear a chain metal faraday suit to shield themselves from the intense EMI . Great stuff on You Tube, helicopter crews hot washing 500 kv lines (live) with de-ionized water to clean off dust and debris from the insulators. Makes me feel like I'm only doing 120 volts. The job in photo the left most pole had snapped off at the bottom and you can see guy ropes tied off to the top of the pole to keep it from toppling over the utility will not repair a privately owned pole and no licensed contractor would touch it due to the city refusing to allow the three phase there. It's an existing business that was there 50 years before the city annexed that area. I had my crew set the pole that I am up. I am removing services from the snapped pole to the one that I am on. That larger cable is 1/0 Alcoa Aluminum Compact Conductor 3 phase 200 amp 240 delta hi leg. The smaller one is 2 ga 100 amp 3 phase. Weird that it has the neutral and phase A&B wound together above  a third conductor that is phase C.
I did the whole job live without shutting down the business during business hours. There at the crack of dawn gettin er done. 10 days..$24K to me,  some more shots.
First photo, installing the neutral conductor/suspenders cable through the through bolted insulator.
Second photo, installing through bolted wire support insulator. Gotta get to know your gear and be comfortable with it. That is a Klein safety harness I'm wearing. 5000 pound certified! You just can't cut corners doing this stuff!

David

Edited to get rid of iPad's horrible auto speed.......did it again!
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

Zardiw

I actually built one using an old disk drive motor.

It was a lot of fun....

You might look into that.....Just do a Bing.com search.

z
Faster horses, yw, ow, mm..........