New to me Kid with odd display

Started by Bunkie314, January 18, 2019, 12:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunkie314

So I bought another Kid off flebay because it was the right price to add to my two beta Kids. It was sold as parts or not working. Initially powered up the top display row was rather dark and displayed some interesting characters if you looked at it closely.  I thought maybe I should perform a reset and went to a tablet to look up instructions. When I returned it was booted up displaying setup parameters. It was just connected to a 12 volt battery and I went with all the default settings. I have power cycles it quit a few times and it boots up fine. I hope to get some panels connected up and see if it will charge and run some other tests. Has anyone else seen this before? I hope it will accept input and charge as it would give additional charge capabilities and I'm itching to try stacking.  Unit was built 3 quarter if '18.
10-ePVL 136w unisolar panels, 3-lifeline 4D AGM batteries, 2012 Magnasine inverter/charger and two kids on mobile app.

30 Solartech 305w mono awaits remote cabin install

Bunkie314

Well I connected it up to a couple of panels and it appears to be working as normal. I guess time will tell.
10-ePVL 136w unisolar panels, 3-lifeline 4D AGM batteries, 2012 Magnasine inverter/charger and two kids on mobile app.

30 Solartech 305w mono awaits remote cabin install