Ordering directly from Midnite Solar?

Started by alyaz, February 11, 2019, 08:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alyaz

I have purchased a ‘garage sale’ Classic direct from Midnite in the past but can you buy their other items from them directly? 

I ask because trying to get someone in my neck of the woods to order something from them is incredibly frustrating.  They either try to get you to buy something they have in stock or tell you they have to wait to put a ‘minimum order’ together...

I did leave a message at Midnite Solar a week ago and no call back...

As an aside, I ordered and put a solar addition together for a neighbor a while back.  The place I ordered from didn’t have a Classic 150, so without even asking sent a Classic 200 because that is all they had in stock. Good or bad, it didn’t fit the specs as well and is typical of what we seem to face up this way.
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

boB

Hi Alyaz...

Sorry about last week.  We are still in the midst of a weird winter weather storm here and last
week was a doozie !  So is this week !   We think it is going to turn to rain though in the next couple
of days.  Then, possibly MORE snow !?!?

So, where abouts are you ?

An online store should not have sent you a Classic that you did not order.

There are several reputable online stocking distributors 

https://www.altestore.com/store/

https://www.solar-electric.com/

https://www.wholesalesolar.com/

Just to name a few.

I'm not in sales and so I can't really truly give advice on ordering but typically, direct ordering has to do with allowing the specified distributors do the buying since they buy pallets of product at a time and don't like it when companies go direct to customers...  Except for certain things like you see with the garage sale stuff.   Maybe some other items too of course but it depends on circumstances I think.

Won't hurt to call and ask though, I suppose.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

tecnodave

Alyaz,

I have asked and MidNite has a policy of not undercutting their dealers. The Classic you bought direct was a factory refribished unit. Sometimes MidNite swaps out a warrantied unit with a new one. The return is then refribished and sold with warranty.  I bought one of my Classic's there. Never had a issue with it.

Other than that find a trusted seller.

I have been using Northern Arizona Wind and Sun for about 5 years now and have always been happy with their service. I can find a few items a few bucks cheaper elsewhere but generally they are very competive in pricing. I do not shop around much, found the good dealer. Big plus...no sales tax in Arizona on solar gear. They always ship on time and have great customer support.

https://solar-electric.com

david
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

alyaz

When I lived near the Wa border I ordered most things from NAWS but now that I am a day and a half away from the border (and two ferry rides and a barge ride) I end up having to find BC distributors and none have proven to be worthwhile.  My experience has been that unless I can physically pick up the items shipped by a US based distributor at the US/Canada border and bring them back myself, that the brokerage people and fees make things a losing proposition.  If a US based distributor will ship via USPS, it often makes it worthwhile, however it seems many only want to ship via courier.  If a Canadian distributor had their shyte together, I wouldn’t mind, but it is a mess up here.  :)  Not really complaining, just saying...
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

FNG

Please email me ryan@midnitesolar.com I would love to klnow what distributor of ours did that

alyaz

alyaz

Well, I am definitely going to start sourcing my stuff from the USA again.  I will just have to do a road trip from time to time to pick it all up in Sumas, WA.  Even these simple... three Midnite cables that I ordered from a supplier here in BC are MIA.  No one can tell me where they are.  I should have just ordered them on ebay or Amazon, as they are available at both sites...  Live and relearn.

boB

Quote from: alyaz on February 19, 2019, 07:18:42 PM
Well, I am definitely going to start sourcing my stuff from the USA again.  I will just have to do a road trip from time to time to pick it all up in Sumas, WA.  Even these simple... three Midnite cables that I ordered from a supplier here in BC are MIA.  No one can tell me where they are.  I should have just ordered them on ebay or Amazon, as they are available at both sites...  Live and relearn.

It can be a PITA to send stuff over the border...  Just over into Canada it seems.

Yes, good for you going to Sumas !  Come down to Arlington some time and we'll give you the nickel tour, Alyaz !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

alyaz

hmmm.... sounds interesting :)  thanks boB   

WillEert

I've used this company for  few things. So far they have been very good. They are based in Courtney which it sounds like you are somewhat near.

https://www.modernoutpost.com/product-category/solar-equipment-store-canada/solar-charge-controller-canada/mppt-controllers-over-40a/

Will
(1)24 ET 185 mono, Classic 150,8x Surrette 6CS25p, 4x Magnum 4448, homecooked diversion system;(2)15 Heliene 330 mono,Classic 150;(3)2X6 Hansol345mono, 2 stand alone Hotspot ACDC12C Minisplit heat pumps.(4)15 Hanwha Q cell 400 1/2 cell, Classic 200: (5)1X6 HanwhaQcell 400 1 Hotspot minisplit ACDC18C

alyaz

Thanks Will...  Sheesh they are only an hour away by boat!  Nice.  Never heard of them before. 

WillEert

(1)24 ET 185 mono, Classic 150,8x Surrette 6CS25p, 4x Magnum 4448, homecooked diversion system;(2)15 Heliene 330 mono,Classic 150;(3)2X6 Hansol345mono, 2 stand alone Hotspot ACDC12C Minisplit heat pumps.(4)15 Hanwha Q cell 400 1/2 cell, Classic 200: (5)1X6 HanwhaQcell 400 1 Hotspot minisplit ACDC18C

alyaz

Got my midnite cables on Friday.  Yay! 

WillEert, I touched base with Graham at Modern Outpost.  Thanks for the heads up :)