News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Multiple WhizbangJr?

Started by psweber, February 28, 2019, 05:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psweber

I have a 3phase Outback system and for their data purpose I am using the FNDC to accurately calculate amps in/out for the inverter/chargers.  This requires 2 shunts, one for the inverter inputs and a separate one for 'other' inputs (my solar array) which are 2x Classic 200.  I would like to have the Classics also monitor the actual amps in and 'return amps' for proper absorption technique.  As I have 2 paralleled shunts can/should I put a WhizbangJr on each shunt and connect them to the 2 classics?
Shunt #1 reads the amps in/out from the inverter/chargers
Shunt #2 is connected to the inputs from the Classic controllers.
If I put it only on shunt #2 it will only calculate the in from the solar and not the in/out from the Outbacks.
Print Shop system: Panels 2x21x65w 3780W, 2x Midnite Classic 200 controllers, 3phase Outback VFX3024Jspec inverters, 24x 6-OPzV batteries - 1470Ah@24V.
House system: Panels 6x180w 1080W - Classic 150, 12x60w - Kid, Trace DR1512, 12x 6-OPzV batteries - 1470Ah@12V

FNG

If I am following you correctly you do not have 1 single shunt that is watching everything? If thats the case the WBjr is not going to work well for you. I would suggest installing a 3rd shunt between everything and the battery for the WBjr

Ryan

ClassicCrazy

Like Ryan said above .
Sounds like you want to use ending amps to terminate Absorb and go to Float.
You should watch Ryan's video on how to set up Follow Me for the Classics.
So if you install one more shunt on negative of main battery cable that is where you put the Whizbang and it will work for both Classics in Follow Me mode.
https://youtu.be/CMYH_Oa00BM
Also take a look at knowledge base info on Midnite site for more info on Ending Amps and Follow Me
http://www.midniteftp.com/support/kb/index.php

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable