News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Cartoons

Started by niel, December 05, 2016, 09:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

Quote from: russ_drinkwater on December 21, 2016, 07:22:24 AM
Do you not have third party property only insurance?
Covers everything except your car and costs under a third of normal comprehensive!
Lottery problems? Buy more tickets, lol.
Or put the money in a solar panels swear jar!

Here, in The States, we have "liability"  insurance that just covers your liability and no repairs for your vehicle damages from a mishap.

I usually drop the full coverage at about 4 years of age. After that it seems you are betting against yourself and tossing the cash away. We always go for a high deductible to reduce the premium when using Full coverage.

Luckily, neither of us has even had a parking ticket in over 30 years so auto insurance is not too expensive.  ;D

And, my "swear jar" would need to be a 50 gallon oil drum.  ::)
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

niel

i'm still paying on the car. i got it used so that should answer some of your concerns, but the finance company wants full cover to recover any loss of the car making sure they are paid.

if i had lots of $ to buy more tickets then why would i need to hit the lottery? i had a job at one point selling lottery tickets and i saw people placing several hundred dollars every week. do the math on that. $200x52=$10400. that's crazy.

russ_drinkwater

So Tom with your wear jar I smell several new midnite inverters in the pipeline!
Neil add to your math the money people spend in cigarettes and booze (illicite drugs are extras!) plus the gambling and it makes you wonder where the hell the cash comes from?
Perhaps the old credit card gets a pounding!
My expenditures are more farm related. Just dropped $4,000 having a dam desilted! :o >:(
And paid the insurance for the property, dozer and vehicles yesterday $4,700 ($800 of which was stamp duty and tax  :o >:(  )
Causing me a lot grief watching so much cash that could be used for another battery bank get burned up, lol! ;D :'(
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

niel

i hear you russ and i agree the smokes and booze are a big expense to those that indulge. when the other half says we have no money left for food i ask her where she got the money for the cigarettes. i'm tempted to tell her to eat them for her meal.

russ_drinkwater

Lmao! A hard man!
Can food stamps be used for cigs and booze?
Over here many children suffer because the parents priorities are for booze and cigarettes and not what the kids need.
Personally I would like to be the sale of tobacco banned because as a registered nurse I have seem dozens of fantastic, smart, productive people die horrible deaths from smoking!
No offence to any smoker here, but you need to kill the habit before it kills you!
Off topic sorry! ::) ;D
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

niel

russ,
as a former smoker i agree with you about those things. welfare to my knowledge does not pay for smokes and booze here. the government is pretty tight on that issue as they don't want the $ spent that way.

many who smoke don't always feel the damage from the smoking because of the bodies defenses. a layer of mucous cushions the lungs from direct contact with the smoke after awhile and when you stop smoking that mucous stops being layed into the lungs and that's when you realize what you did to yourself. if you ever cough up a thick pasty white substance then you are in a danger zone. sorry for gross description. this worsens in low humidity. i have no medical degree and is what i believe happens as i feel it happened to me. i have copd, but a mild case of it.

as to off topic, we are in a free for all general discussion area and i certainly don't mind your comments so i see no problem.

TomW

Yeah, hard to ding someone for being "off topic" in a section labeled "off topic discussion".  :o

Not sure if staying on topic in the thread matters much? It doesn't to me.

Pretty much a free for all area as long as it doesn't get personal or too adult rated on language.

We don't even need to agree, just be nice about it.

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

russ_drinkwater

Anyone who smokes needs to observe an episode of APO (acute pulmonary odema).
Do a search on it!
Scary for nursing staff especially in rural areas where I live, not so bad for the patient as they are unconscious at the time.
Quit the habit and as I said before have a solar treat jar for yourself, lol.
It will be amazing how fast it will fill up if you add the smokes money to it every time you have the urge to light up.
Sorry to hear about the COPD!
Yeah, the destruction of the alvelio in the lungs from tobacco smoke creeps up on you and you end up with large pockets with little surface area as the erosion and removal of walls and surface area proceeds. Interfers with oxygen/CO2 exchange across the cell walls and SOB
(short of breath) becomes the norm.
A mate of my dads smoked for years and gave it away in 1980, but he has terminal lung cancer now and will not reach 70yo.
I always smile when idiots tell people if they stop smoking now in 10 years their lungs will be as good as a non-smoker!
Absolute rubbish and lies!
The damage is permanent! :o :(
Another indicator is if your leg hairs are declining and feet are starting to discolour and blacken!
02 starvation of hair follicles causes the hair loss.
Anyways, hope yall have a fantastic x-mas break and the new year brings us all some peace and prosperity!
Merry x-mas from down under! ;D ;D

Westbranch

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all,  from The chilly Cariboo Region of BC, (yes it is the right spelling)... and here is a news item from yesterday, that lends unexpected support, to revive the Merry in 'Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year' instead of the  :o neutered Happy Holidays  >:(... 
punchline is about 1 min :50 sec in...
you warm December winter types might not get the pun in the scene where Christmas light are being hung on the hedge...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/regina-sikh-community-wishes-people-merry-christmas-1.3907770
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

niel

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

actually, i believe people shortened it long ago because there were 2 holidays there. they still had the intent of merry Christmas in it. enter obama and the rest of his nutty followers and all of a sudden it was to appease those who did not celebrate Christmas, but they left everyone who did celebrate Christmas out to the point that it wasn't right to ever say it. in my view they were trying to appease muslims and at the same time detracting from and denigrating Christianity. that's all the further i wish to delve into this as religion and politics are explosive subject matters.

russ, i stopped smoking in 2005 on the day hurricane katrina hit new orleans. other half still smokes though and that has resulted in some friction.

russ_drinkwater

I hope for you that the wife's slipstream smoke does not do anymore damage mate!
Guard the rest of your lung function well.
Yes we have crazy politicians over here and a lot of other crazy folk most of whom are small minority groups!
Most are destroyers and not builders and that is what is wrong with both of our countries today!
Everything is getting choked with redtape!
Have a great day yall!

littleharbor2

I really like the old black and white Popeye cartoons from the 30's Really special how they did the 3D backgrounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HMuPKuYkeE
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric
   Trace SW 4024 (brand new, sort of, first energized Feb. 2015)
  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4  Battery bank