Accessing remote classic from mymidnite web site.

Started by unyalli, September 20, 2017, 04:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matrix

If you can leave a computer on with the LAN at the site,  (which i sure is impractical)  I have gone to using a desktop sharing program like TeamViewer (free) or Go to My Pc or something,  to remotely control the LAN computer from a remote location.  Works like a charm.  I can control all the Classic app features and all my inverter s features from the remote desktop

But of course this requires a local LAN computer to be on at the site,  so probably not practical.  But it does work well.   With no need for port forwarding and DNS servers. 

Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install

Ron Swanson

Kohler generators come with an ethernet cable now.  They phone home to the master Kohler server and then you also log in to the Kohler server from wherever you are and control/read it that way.  I know this sounds Big Brother but it just works.  I have wasted enough of my life on DNS and port forwarding this solution makes me happy.

ZoNiE

I've got my classic online now with a Verizon Jetpack in my Motorhome at the storage lot 78 miles away. Not bad. Like to be able to see if all is well. only took me 5 min to get it all working, and verified that it was with the jetpack on Verizon and my macbook tethered to my phone on AT&T.

I had to connect the wireless adapter directly to the Classic, couldn't get it to talk through the switch, but will mess around with that on my next camping trip.

I do want to eventually be able to use the Aux output to turn on a compressor refrigerator via a relay. Anyone here done this yet? I have not had any luck getting the Classic Status 4 plus program to see the classic yet, even when I was on the same Wifi node. Not sure if it was because it was already talking to the mymidnight server?

There are other options for remotely controlling things, such as an arduino project or even a "control by web" https://www.controlbyweb.com/x410/, but if I can get the classic to do this with just a relay, it is a lot of time and money saved.

Daily Driver: 2013 Toyota Rav4EV with Tesla Guts...
Solar Project:
1996 Safari Sahara Class A Motorhome with:
4X Hanhwa 280W panels
1X Midnight Classic-150
4X  Dying WallyWorld Energizer GC2's bought by the PO
1X 2,000W Heart Interface Freedom 20 Inverter/Charger
1X Onan Emerald 6300LP RV Genset

Matrix

Heres my set up for a water heater on AUX 1 using a relay.  It is a bit of a read,  but I eventually figured out what to do.  And there is a lot of forum links to other threads that might help.  But what you want to do sounds possible.

http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=3881.0
Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install

FNG

That video, At the time that was the plan, to be able to tunnel back and make changes like you can with Optics RE, I do believe this will happen in the future in some way, MidNite is working on the com box that will be a webserver as well and I know they are also actively looking for help to rebuild MM

mcsarge

Hi, per the comment about using the cellular modem, I have the same setup, but I placed a Raspberry Pi powered from the battery pack (through a LVC) at the location which allows me to access the local network and so access the Classic 150. I use RealVNC to easily gain access to the desktop of my Raspberry Pi.

Matt
Off Grid Island in Ontario Canada (Beaverstone Bay)
Primary: Classic 150 + wbjr; 3s2p HES 270watt
Winter: SolarBoost 50 MPPT (into wbjr); 2 x Sharp NE-80EJEA 80watt
Pack: 4s2p ROLLS S6-460AGM 6V for 24V pack
Inverter/Charger: Trace DR2424
Call Sign: KG4EUF