Battery Disconnect wiring to Remote Trip Breaker on 250A MS Magnum e-panel

Started by Beyla, March 27, 2019, 08:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beyla

Hello again,

I would like to see the diagram for the connections of the Battery Disconnect  to the Remote trip Breaker @250 Amps in the Midnite Sokar E-Panel  used for the magnum MS4024. I think I have to install the board in the E-panel and connect it somehow to the Remote Trip Breaker and the birdhouse.
Thanks in advance for info, can’t quite make out the wiring I’ve looked at already.
Classic 150, DiscoCombiner4X 6 circuit(MNPV6HV 4X), 10 panels @ 2600 Watts, MS4024 Inverter, 8XCrown 6 volt batteries in 24Vbank. Epanel 250Amps/ w remote breaker and Birdhouse.WhizBang Jr., BTS.

Vic

Hi Beyla,

Have you seen the following Video:

http://midnitesolar.com/video/videoPlay.php?video_ID=130&videoCat_ID=30

Otherwise others  will need to help,   we do almost nothing rapidly,  here.

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Beyla

Thanks Vic, that helps a lot. From the wiring diagram, it looks like I should drill 4 holes in the epanel and mount the BatteryDisconnect board in the epanel close to the 250Amp Remote Breaker and get myself a 1Amp Breaker to connect the Battety Diconnect board to the top of that 250Amp Breaker where the big red wire goes to the Inverter. Is this correct? Also do I need any type of connection to any shunt?

This is serious sweaty stuff, I want to make sure I don’t blow anything up, before doing anything, I’ll post closeup pictures of my setup in the epanel before proceeding, still a ways off from energizing. Nothing is installed other than a few solar panels and some electrical metal conduits. So many regulations, by the time I actually turn on the power, my warranty will be over..lol

I’ve looked at the video on the birdhouse and it’s components and accessories, I now have a clear understanding of the circuitry. I need  a MNEPV5 or MNEPV1 Breaker to satisfy my requirement. Thank you. To be safe which one is it, the 1A or the 5A ? Fuse is 1.2A on MNBD24, I’m pretty sure. Would not want to blow that fuse on the board, but video says 1A and later shows 5A Breaker. Would Appreciate your expertise  on the right choice, thanks.
Classic 150, DiscoCombiner4X 6 circuit(MNPV6HV 4X), 10 panels @ 2600 Watts, MS4024 Inverter, 8XCrown 6 volt batteries in 24Vbank. Epanel 250Amps/ w remote breaker and Birdhouse.WhizBang Jr., BTS.

FNG

The MNEPV1 or 5 is really there just to protect the wire, We use a MNEPV5 between the switched side of the MNEDC250-RT and the MNBDM as shown here:

http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/MNXWP5548or6848-CL200-RSS-REVB.pdf

If you have any questions dont be afraid to call our support line they can help clarify these parts

Beyla