How to Turn on Arc Fault

Started by hugginsg, April 01, 2019, 06:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugginsg

I have a Classic 150 that I just installed.  According to the documentation the arc fault is turned off by default.  So how does it get turned on or does it turn on when an arc fault occurs?  I cannot change the Off to On in the Classic menu options or by using the local software on my computer.  My ground fault is on in the menus but I cannot find anything in the Classic users manual on how to turn it on.

Thanks in advance,

Vic

Hi hugg..,  Welcome to the Forum.

In the  Tweaks menu there is AF.

In the latest Classic Manual,   there is a Menu Map at the rear of the Manual,   starts about pp 71,  or so.  Pg 74 shows AF:
http://www.midniteftp.com/support/kb/faq.php?cid=1

In the Tweaks menu,   press the More option until you see AF.  Press the right SOft Button on the MNGP display,   then there is a Sensitivity adjustment,   as well ...   have never used it.

FWIW,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

hugginsg

Vic,

I guess that when I first tried to turn on the AF the first time I did not press the soft button hard enough.  Worked when I just tried it again.  Thanks for the quick reply on the issue.

Greg H.

australsolarier

yes those soft buttons are a bit iffy