battery offset setup, strange behaviours with local APP

Started by ulisse10000, May 13, 2019, 08:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulisse10000

Hello Gentelman,
I just received a new batteries and I was adjusting the charging parameters of my classic lite 200 (very old) and I noted a very strange behaviours:
My Classic read around 1 volt less than the real batteries voltage measured on the blue terminal in rest condition (so no charging current) it is al lot but I think that could be a drift due to the age of the calssic, now If i try to compesate the battery offset using the local monitoring App increasing the offset to one I see correctly the value of the analog battery voltage indicator on the main view of the App to increase  of one volt , this is also in line with the voltage value showed by the APP on the page were I set the Offset, but If i save this offset with the blue arrow the value of the batteries compesate offset in this menu, increase of another volt but the value on the main view of the app remain the correct value with an offset of one.
I summary for some reason seem that the local app applies an offset of 2 instead of one and the main view shows the value with the offset of one.
Some Ideas why?
To me seem that is a problem in local app, my firmware is update with last version and I have also last version of the local App, computer is running under win 7 classic S/N 03380
Many Thanks for every help on the issue
Fabio

ClassicCrazy

You might be right that it is the problem of the Local App. I have Classic with MNGP and there are some settings that cannot be done with the Local App that work on the MNGP . The one I am thinking of right now is setting up the AUX with SOC control - on Local Status App it won't let you for example put in 92% off and 93% on but you can with the MNGP. There are other things the Local App won't do - I just saw it written down somewhere - maybe where you download the Local App.

But as for the voltage difference - did you factor in the voltage drop of your wiring ? And check the connectors for tightness and or oxidation ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ulisse10000

Hi Larry,
yes I check the connections are all OK no oxidation rigth torque, I will continue to investigate but I think is sure to me, the Local monitoring App is not so good and considering that is the only way to program a Lite this is a problem, by the way on the manual the behaviors of many parameters is not well explained, in one word  poor documentation for a good product.
Thanks

Fabio

ClassicCrazy

There is another way to program the Classic using modbus commands  but it takes some computer or Raspberry Pi  geek  understanding and you need  to be sure what you are doing so it won't mess anything else up . Look

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ulisse10000

Hi Larry,
Thaks for the info I will look to this possibility
Fabio

FNG

This is a known Bug in the local app, As the local app has been deemed end of life in favor of the new combox Engineering doesn't have any plans to fix it at the moment.

Jim documented it pretty well here:

http://www.midniteftp.com/support/kb/faq.php?id=12

Essentially:
"LOCAL APP BUG
PV INPUT and BATTERY DIALS do not readout OFFSET VALUES, they read out exactly what is present at the blue terminals.
(You need to go to CONFIG / TECH and go down to the OFFSET OPTION to read the OFFSET VALUES)  What this means is if you set an OFFSET the dial will not show this offset voltage, it will remain displaying the "raw" Battery voltage."

Tech Support can walk you through calibrating though with potentiometers and modbus registers so the value is correct without an offset

Ryan

tecnodave

New combox?     Do tell, I'm interested,  david
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

Resthome

Quote from: tecnodave on May 15, 2019, 01:06:52 PM
New combox?     Do tell, I'm interested,  david

Well they have been talking about it for almost a year now. So not holding to much hope in seeing it soon. Seems like they have too many things on their plate.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

ulisse10000

Hi Ryan,
thanks for yuor clarification, for calibration with pot and registers I have to open a ticked to tech suport or there is a consolidate procedure already available ?
By the way I was reading for two days the batteries voltage value from local app and compare with the value measured with a multimeter on the blue terminal of the classic with classic in rest and i see a voltage difference (Vmeasure - Vlocal app) between +0.86 Volt up to +1.25 Volt changing in this interval during my observation period, so I will try to calibrate but I suspect that my classic have a problem, after 6 years and around 3 MW / H of energy pushed in the batteries it is possible that now is the moment to change with a new one, also because the fixing considering the shipping cost from Italy to USA and back will be probably too expensive.
As last try i will re-calibrate and see if this is helping but I cannot risk to damage my new Rolls batteries pack.
Many Thanks for your help
Fabio

FNG

Let me get it for you, I need a modbus register to finish the document

Ryan