Integration of MNE250XWP with XW6048 and 2 Conext MPPT 60 150

Started by lemachine, June 09, 2019, 01:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemachine

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has completed a successful integration of the MNE250XWP-single (E-Panel) with a Schneider XW6048 and Conext MPPT 60-150 (two of them).

I could use some pointers on things you learned from doing this... and have questions about the DC-GFP wiring (since Conext MPPT install manual indicates it already has this built-in capability). 

Will be connecting to a Discover LiPO4 48V battery bank for Off-grid, remote system. [Note: Inherited the XW inverter and MPPTs with purchase of the property... trying to retrofit to bring it in compliance with electrical code... and replace the dead Rolls Surrette S-550 battery bank (poorly maintained by previous owner)].

Thanks.  - Greg

mike90045

First, you are going to need to update the Schneider/Conext firmware to the latest versions, preferably with the combox or gateway.  There are new settings and awareness for Li batteries that old firmware won't have.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

mike90045

>   trying to retrofit to bring it in compliance with electrical code

If everyone did that, we'd never be finished.   If it was inspected when installed, it's good now.  If you start modifying connections and wires, more than changing batteries, you might need a permit and inspection for that, but generally not.

If you are wanting to improve things, and move, upgrade wires, install DC arc fault, AC arc fault, that's going to be new permits and new inspections and the whole bureaucratic nightmare and replacements up the wazoo.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

lemachine

Thanks for the tip on the FW update. Plan to do that... I purchased the Gateway. System has an old Combox which is horrible for internet communication of system status.
I failed to mention this is in a very remote site - off-grid... certain the install was never inspected... the former owner's first PV DIY project. It broke and I'm fixing it.
Just need some pointers on the integration of MidNite Solar components.
6.75 kW system.