Newly installed and now not working

Started by KrenzGriffiths, July 22, 2019, 03:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrenzGriffiths

We have a newly installed Midnite Solar Kid Solar with Freedom HF inverter (1800) ... the 12v works fine but the 120 is not working at all.  The 6th light indicator on the Kid is blue ... the top light is green.  Fuses are ok. Batteries are fully charged.  What could our trouble be?

Vic

Hello Krenz...

OK,   so your system is 12 V DC,   but believe that you are saying that there is NO 120 V AC output from the Inverter (?).

As I read the KID manual,  on page 29 of the Linked Manual (below),   the top LED is lit green,   when the battery has received a full charge:
http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/10-268-1_REV_S_Kid_Solar_Manual.pdf

The seventh LED,   the bottom one,   labeled  CLP,   should be an indicator for Load On/Off.

But,  it does look like the KID is probably working OK.   At some point after the KID charged the batteries,   the FLT indicator should have been illuminated.

Use your MultiMeter to measure the DC battery voltage  ...   what is that reading?

Is the circuit breaker for the DC power to the inverter switched On ?? Are any LEDs on the inverter illuminated?

Is there any AC output voltage on your multimeter?

Thanks for the added info.   More info on your system would be helpful.
Later,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

FNG

Did you hook the inverters DC input to the Kids load output? if so the load circuit it likely damaged as it is not designed for the inrush current the capacitors inside the dc side of an inverter create.

please tell us how the Kid is wired to control the inverter

KrenzGriffiths

Hi Vic and FNG ... thank you for your responses. 

FNG: the system was professionally installed by RaySolar ... so I hope they installed correctly and did not damage the load circuit. 

Vic: thank you for the light indicator page.  The top green was on.  The bottom (CLP) is not on ... unless I mistook what I thought was the ERR (which shows as blue ... not red ... so maybe is it the CLP that is on (?)). The FLT is not on ... if it should be, that this does point us in a direction of where to look next.

I currently cannot find a multimeter ... we are on an island and will need to head into town to pick one up.

Our system was professional installed by a RaySolar team.  We are experiencing problems getting a hold of their technicians (it is a busy season for installs for them).  I am hoping that they do connect with us soon.

Thankfully the 12v system does work, so we have some function.  But really do the 120 working for appliances.

Thank you both for your responses.

Best regards ...

KrenzGriffiths

Update: we decided to do a factory reset and re-configure (based on the instructions in the manual).  Now the LED lights are on a continuous cycle ... not sure when that will stop.

Shade

misc menu - leds - bcm

many setting under leds
page 58 in manual

KrenzGriffiths

Update:  issue identified ... inverter reset button keeps popping out ... found a solution to fix for now, but expect we will need to replace the inverter