Midnite Solar Status Panel Software - Can't Export

Started by Zardiw, July 22, 2019, 06:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardiw

For some reason, the offline 'Export' button stays greyed out.....no matter how long I wait for the 'list to finish downloading'......

Any ideas?

z
Faster horses, yw, ow, mm..........

mike90045

I've seen that happen when communications is lost, but eventually the LA resets and you just have to retry
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Zardiw on July 22, 2019, 06:05:48 PM
For some reason, the offline 'Export' button stays greyed out.....no matter how long I wait for the 'list to finish downloading'......

Any ideas?

z

I never use that export but just had a look at my Local Status App and the Export box was also greyed out. But then a message popped up that said I had to go to Config /  Settings  and there is a box there that says Data Logging that needs to be checked - after that the Export box showed up to download.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Zardiw

Well, I'm talking about the Offline Bottom Tab..........and it's still greyed out........ data logging is on.......There's a whole lot of 15/31/2127 data at the end of the list.........And towards the end only half the data is listed for the last say 20 'days'.......so maybe that's why it says 'Wait for the list to populate'........

Kinda weird.......cause I'd like to put that data in a spreadsheet.

Where is that data stored........in the Classic 150 itself?

z

Resthome

Quote from: Zardiw on July 24, 2019, 08:40:51 PM
Well, I'm talking about the Offline Bottom Tab..........and it's still greyed out........ data logging is on.......There's a whole lot of 15/31/2127 data at the end of the list.........And towards the end only half the data is listed for the last say 20 'days'.......so maybe that's why it says 'Wait for the list to populate'........

Kinda weird.......cause I'd like to put that data in a spreadsheet.

Where is that data stored........in the Classic 150 itself?

z

Yeah that list can take a long time to populate and the Export button to become active. The 2127 years are where data hasn’t been written yet. Forget but there are 356 or so data locations so the Classic has to be up and running for that many days to fill all location then it will over write. There is a setting on the Classic that lets you clear all that data and start over again. Can’t reset from the LA. I also believe that the Classic writes that data for the day just before 2400 hrs. New Day command forces the write but there will be two entries for the same day that have to be added together. I get a lot of network resets waiting for this data and have to select the Offline function again. They have never fully resolved  the network issue on the Classic although better than a few years back.

You can see this data in the Daily log menu on the Classic but it is a pain.

If you don’t mine losing the current data you might try clearing the existing data and watch it for a few data to see if it starts writing again.

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Zardiw

That Export button has never come live...........how long will it take? No more than maybe a minute or two I would think........so there's something wrong with it........

Maybe it  has to fill in for a year before it will let you export..........lol

z

ClassicCrazy

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstall the Local Status app ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Quote from: Zardiw on July 25, 2019, 11:06:20 AM
That Export button has never come live...........how long will it take? No more than maybe a minute or two I would think........so there's something wrong with it........

Maybe it  has to fill in for a year before it will let you export..........lol

z

It take longer depending on how many entries have data.

Try clearing all entries and see what happens after a few days. There could be a corrupt entry that it can’t get by. Have you tried looking at the Daily logs on the Classic itself. That is the data the LA is trying to read. 
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

KyleM

Quote from: Zardiw on July 22, 2019, 06:05:48 PM

Any ideas?

z

Does it look something like this: 

Zardiw

KyleM

This means that the App s compiling information.  ( taking raw data and organising it so it can show it to you in a manner that is understandable) 

The more information you have it working on the longer it takes.  There also might be corrupted data that is causing the app some confusion and causing it to stop working.

I would go into the app and try to cut down the amount of raw data you are trying to export by either exporting just a few days or just a few metrics to lessen the load.

Pretty much what the others said

-Kyle