Can you create 365 day skip day schedule

Started by rp3703, July 27, 2019, 08:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp3703

I have a classic lite and it would be great if I could create a 365 day schedule that switches between skip days for the 11 months we are away from our cottage in Northern Ontario and regular cycle during the months we are at our cottage? This way no one could screw up and forget to switch it back and fourth. Does anyone know if this is possible, say through the LocalAPP?

ClassicCrazy

Probably would have to design a custom  control system like that using something like Node Red and a Raspberry Pi with a real time clock on it.
There is a section on forums here about Node Red and the Classic.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

We would have put in the capability to have 365 skip days but it doesn't make sense, lead-acid battery wise to skip more than maybe a few weeks at the very most.  This is because the batteries would very possibly be sulfated when you returned a year later.

Really want to give the batteries an absorb cycle once in a while.

Yes, you could do what Classic Crazy suggests.  You could do anything pretty much that anyone would want to do with that.

What kind of batteries do you have ?
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me