Something wrong voltage drop not getting full watts

Started by Worldsworstfish, August 03, 2019, 04:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

If I am reading your configuration correctly your total Array Manufacture specification for  Pmax is 4680 watts at STC. As boB has said that is usually at 25C.  Panels in the sun are going to be a lot hotter than that which reduces the output. Add voltage drops in wiring, and etc. What you will typical get is 70-80% of the Pmax specification. Your power output seems to be in that range.

Not sure how you every saw 5000 watts which is more that the array Pmax specifications you have shown. Would suggest going through the Daily logs on the controller to see what kind of max outputs you see prior to installing second array. Logs hold more than 365 days of data.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Worldsworstfish

Resthome,

Bob and you are exactly right.  I just needed it explained dumbed down a little bit to get it through this thick skull.

I have never really paid attention to the system output, until I added this new set of panels, except when it got really cold during the winter.  So at 20 below zero the panels are operating at their peak.  That’s is how I was getting the higher numbers.  Also during that time my panels are at the perfect angle.

The issue with the large difference between the two earlier, was a software issue.  I had two different versions of software, which isn’t a bid deal if you don’t have follow me enabled, but I did. 

I did the individual string tests, all look good.

So long story short, thing are working like they are supposed to, and I learned a lot.  I appreciate the help from everyone.  Going to keep a log for a while so I have an idea what it’s supposed to do.

Now with every