Monitoring on IOS device

Started by Dan The Man, August 11, 2019, 06:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan The Man

I would love to be able to monitor our charge controller on my iphone however the ios app is not available in NZ does anyone have a workaround to get the app or know of a third party app that would work?

I can monitor it on my pc no problems at all but my computer isnt always on and i want to be able to check the status more quickly.

ClassicCrazy

What about using My Midnite and checking into that with the phone ?
Otherwise some people are working on using Node Red on Raspberry Pi which is less resources than having computer on all the time.
Look in opensource section of forums.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ruthann-ms

You can load the mymidnite page on an iOS or iPadOS device, however it's a bit problematic.  It's very hard to select a particular point on the graph to see the stats for that point and just about impossible to adjust the timeline bars to be able to expand the graph large enough to tap on the point you want to see.

Lately mymidnite is showing "unknown(18)" for the status on my classic.

I just installed the local app on my MacBookPro and it looks pretty good, except the every 30 reset - the gauges go away and it says "Connection was closed" I have to click "OK", it then puts me back to the initial screen with the list of classics and there every 30 seconds I see "retrying".

Anyone else run in to this or have ideas on how to make it stable?

ClassicCrazy

The local status app does the same sort of thing on my windows computer  with connection closed , or the certificate isn't okay or something. I just put up with it and close the error messages  and then it works again.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Yeah the Network connections got better in the later firmware but never totally got corrected.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA