Update firmware from Linux

Started by earl, August 14, 2019, 04:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Quote from: earl on September 07, 2019, 03:36:43 PM

So, I am not sure whether it is the BAUD rate, timing or whatever.. that is keeping my program from working..

For USB, baud rate should not be a factor.  I'm note exactly sure why it can even be set in windows ??

Maybe for when there is an actual RS-232 adapter ?   The Classic can also be updated using RS-232 and the bottom of the three jacks if you had the right adapter to the RJ-11 jack.  In that case the baud rate is 9600 baud for updating software/firmware.

Normal modbus operating speed is 19,200 baud when NOT updating.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

earl

I will try again when I get a chance.

It would be nice if there were more info on what the Classic returns if anything when you send it the upload command. If there is nothing coming back from sending the upload command.. then all you got to go on is timing..

earl

Unfortunately I won't get a change to try again. I bought a system prewired from the factory Epanel, Magum Inverter and Classic 150.  The factory forgot to tighten down all the wires.. on of the battery wires are loose and when I powered on it sparked and now the Classic does not work. It powers on and seems to work but does not show any PV volts and does not charge the batteries..

So i had to replace it .. with something local .. no one sells the Classic 150 here but I may be able to get it fixed.. or replace parts..

boB

Earl, could you please send pictures of what was not tightened ?

Or, did you already talk to our customer service folks ?
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

Earl,
Please email me ryan@midnitesolar.com I can help with the classic and would like to tall about what wasn't tight

Ryan

earl

Hi Guys,

Here is what I bought.

https://www.solar-electric.com/misoprmasy4w.html

But I don't think it is under warranty anymore. I actually bought it several years ago and it has been setting around until last week when I installed it. I thought I would move sooner than I did.

I should have checked that all the lugs were tight... live and learn.

I will get a picture of where the wire was loose so you can see.

Earl

earl

Here is a picture of what wire was loose. It was the red battery wire that runs across the middle of the panel.

You can see the black soot on the panel where is sparked..

FNG

Thank you for that image, Do you know when you purchased this roughly and what distributor you purchased it from?