Emergency EQ shut down

Started by qrper, August 18, 2019, 11:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

Gang...

Earlier this week I did a equalization to my battery bank. worked great!
So I set the classic 150 up to do an automatic EQ every 30 days.
Apparently I had something set wrong, 'cuz this morning when i checked the batteries the Classic was in EQ mode. I went to the menu, set the EQ to manual and then off. From the status screen, the classic was still in EQ mode. I tried everything and finally ended up dropping the power to the classic and restarting. That put me back into absorb mode (why not? the batteries were in the middle of a EQ!)

so, how does one do an emergency EQ shut down without pulling power from the classic

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

boB

Another  way is to  go to the TWEAKS menu and force a Bulk or Float

I wonder if the Classic just thought it was the same day and had not finished the EQ ?

I think that Retry Days will tell the Classic to retry EQing if it did not finish that day but that "shouldn't" re-start an EQ like you saw.

Will take a look.  Or maybe Kyle knows the answer to this ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

bob

thanks for the reply.

The EQ I did the previous day completed without a hitch. I used the default of one hour and one hour is how long it ran.

What I couldn't understand is why I couldn't shut off the EQ by telling the Classic to stop the EQ.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

boB

Well, I'm not sure why it did not shut down ?

Will have to take a look !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me