battery voltage display

Started by twfulton, August 31, 2019, 08:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twfulton

on my Kid mppt, the battery voltage on the lcd display is about 0.2 volts lower than my multimeter. the panel input voltages match

ClassicCrazy

Maybe from the voltage drop on  the cables from your batteries to the Kid ?  Check all your connections .
You could also try to check the voltage drop of the cables if your meter is able to do that ( long enough leads ?)
I forget if the Kid has a voltage calibration menu but best to check the voltage drop first.
Voltage drop might be most apparent when there is a load on - so was there a load when you checked it ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Highflyer

The Kid does have a voltage calibration.  It's in the manual on page 28 of rev 25 under the TECH menu.

Hope this helps.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing

twfulton

no voltage drop. the voltage at the terminals in the unit is the same as the battery voltage. the only discrepancy is on the lcd display. if off, might confuse the logic of the mppt. will check out voltage calibration.

twfulton

voltage calibration in tech fixed it. thanks