UX designer needed for new MidNite products

Started by Robin, April 20, 2021, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin

We have well over a dozen engineers that write code for our products. None of them feel comfortable doing the user interface stuff. We have numerous applications that require a UX designer. We are fully capable of making stick figures for the following apps and products, but with all the years of development that have gone into these products we would hate to have a crappy interface. We will be placing an ad to hire a designer to accomplish these tasks, but I thought it might help to publish it here first. People here understand what a solar system is! I think it will be more difficult and time consuming that I would like, but better now than later. If anyone out there has experience in this field and is interested in helping out one way or another, let me know. robin@midnitesolar.com

The MNGP2. This is almost done, but could probably use some outside talent. The MNGP2 is used on the Hawke's Bay, Barcelona, Rosie, B17 and B17-B (Battery)

MNGP3: This is a touch screen version of the MNGP2. It has an 800 x 480 pixel display. No external buttons. We will have tons on onboard memory as well as an SD card. We figure we can have up to 45 minutes of video as well as sound. What can we do with that?

Phone app: Dongle for the Classic using bluetooth
Phone App: Blue tooth phone app for all new products
MymidNite 3 Cloud based app similar to our MymidNite now, but for all the new products.
ComBox graphical display
I may have missed something here, but this list looks intimidating based on how far along all these products are.

Thanks,
Robin Gudgel
Robin Gudgel

ClassicCrazy

You should reach out to Graham and Matt to see if they have any interest - they have developed software for the Classic that is great .
Look in the open source software section of the forums here.
or here
https://github.com/ClassicDIY
I will put in a plug that any of the new versions of of mymidnite ( or update old ones) are capable of outputting MQTT data which can be easily exported and used by programs such as Node Red for example.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

mcsarge

Larry, (and Robin)

It is nice of you to say Larry, but we are really code slingers like the Midnite folks; my daughter is a UX/UI designer, and  can tell you, I am not one. A good UX design can really add a great deal to a product - but it takes a ton of time to do it right and I am afraid they need to hire someone to do it.

Maybe they can get a free lancer to do an overall design. If they want to go with a company, the consulting firm I work for has a whole design practice that does this sort of thing. Please reach out if you want me to hook you up, they can certainly help you out - even if it is just the ballpark of the cost.

Matt

Off Grid Island in Ontario Canada (Beaverstone Bay)
Primary: Classic 150 + wbjr; 3s2p HES 270watt
Winter: SolarBoost 50 MPPT (into wbjr); 2 x Sharp NE-80EJEA 80watt
Pack: 4s2p ROLLS S6-460AGM 6V for 24V pack
Inverter/Charger: Trace DR2424
Call Sign: KG4EUF

boB

I would take a look at what the audio plugin and DAW guys do.

Some of those user interfaces are really good !

Those won't show any high tension power line pylons like in the stick figure graphics that the industry uses but could work for graphics display and buttons and controls possibly.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me