How does one put the small fan finger guard on the top of the Classic 150?

Started by qrper, October 05, 2019, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

Boy and girls...

I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen, but how in the hell does one put that small plastic guard on the fan (top of the classic that says turbo)

I got it sitting up there, and I've tried pushing, pulling, swearing, pleading, and well I'm baffled. (pun intended!)

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

ClassicCrazy

Are you talking about the small round screen that comes with Classic ? If so that is to go in the 1/2 inch hole at the side of the Classic or the bottom depending on how you route  your wires. 

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

qrper

System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

FNG

It has 4 little feet if you will that each have little dimples in them, I like to set one side in and roll the other side down in. If something isnt cooperating maybe something is not correct. i would suggest emailing us at support@midnitesolar.com for help/new plastic parts

qrper

I'll give it another shot. I know it's got to snap in place, but whoa! I've squeezed, hammered, yelled, and said nasty things. I've noticed the little 'feet' and the dimples they go into.

here's another photo showing the feet that won't go into the chassis.

Mike

FNG

qrper

FNG

I am pretty sure but I will ask someone from Tech Support to chime in here, or the mechanical engineer for the product

I have attached a document for you that shows how it looks assembled

FNG

The mechanical engineer sent me this reply:

I read the thread, but can’t post from my phone. It will not sit down flush. It is not supposed to as that would cause too much back pressure and would not cool as well.

qrper

Well don't you know it!

Here all this time I tried to get it go flush with the body.

I guess I'll have to call in to the mothership and order a new one. I kinda mangled the dog snot out this one

thanks for your help... I kind of feel rather stupid now.

mike

FNG

No worries, if you want to email me your shipping info I will hook you up

ryan@midnitesolar.com

qrper

mike90045

wow, this is the first I've heard about the turbo fan upgraded replacement. 
Is this needed  for all classics or only ones running above a certain power level ?   
Cost ?
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

FNG

it is just a enhancement, The old design lent itself to being noisy if all the bits were not just right. The new design is mostly for noise levels, no appreciable difference in cooling