News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Birdhouse Issues

Started by Beyla, October 11, 2019, 10:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beyla

Update, I’ve opened up a ticket wit Todd, ty.

Hi,
I just installed my system. Everything seems to be working well with the exception of the RSS. I have AC-120v feeding the birdhouse. I have one Ethernet cable leaving the birdhouse and entering my e-panel to a MNBDM(Battery Disconnect Module). From the second Ethernet connection of this MNBDM module, I have a second Ethernet wire going to my disco-combiner. I have tested my wires (Midnite Solar Ethernet brand) and all my signals are good.

When I power up the system, the Birdhouse goes through its thing and then announces “THE SYSTEM IS READY”.

Issue: The Solar On light does not light up. When I press the Red Button it only disconnects the e-panel Main Battery breaker but does not trip the combiner breaker. The Ethernet wire is connected to the BH connector in the disco.

There is also a US labelled RJ45 Ethernet jack in the dis o-combiner that I do not use.

Do I need to run two Ethernet wires from the birdhouse as opposed to one wire going to the e-panel’s MNBDM and daisy chaining from there to the combiner?

Any help is appreciated, than you in advance.

Classic 150, DiscoCombiner4X 6 circuit(MNPV6HV 4X), 10 panels @ 2600 Watts, MS4024 Inverter, 8XCrown 6 volt batteries in 24Vbank. Epanel 250Amps/ w remote breaker and Birdhouse.WhizBang Jr., BTS.

FNG

Generally speaking yes the birdhouse should be in the middle, There is a primary and secondary jack in the birdhouse. Run from the primary jack to the disco combiner and from the secondary jack tot he BDM

Make sure on the combiner you go into the one labeled BH

Beyla

Hi FNG,

Thank you for responding. I spoke with Todd of MIdnite Support and he mentioned that I could daisy chain my Ethernet through the MNBD and then to the Disco-Combiner. Just in case, I tried running my Ethernet as you suggested. I ran the BH MAIN Ethernet from the birdhouse straight to the Disco-Combiner and ran the second birdhouse Ethernet to my MNDB. The issue did not go away. Todd believes my Disco-Combiner breaker may be misbehaving ( not remotely shutting off), Todd suggested it could also be my PSB in the Disco, so I had a spare PSB board for it and replaced it, to no avail... same issue.

At this point, I think it must be the Disco breaker because everything else has been changed ,,, unless the Birdhouse itself is defective. The solar Power On light has never come on and I know my Ethernet cables are ok because I have checked them with the RJ45 analyzer tool for connectivity.

Todd has shipped me a replacement Disco-Combiner and I will replace my existing one with it. I hope it is the solution.

Thank you again for providing your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards and thanks.
Classic 150, DiscoCombiner4X 6 circuit(MNPV6HV 4X), 10 panels @ 2600 Watts, MS4024 Inverter, 8XCrown 6 volt batteries in 24Vbank. Epanel 250Amps/ w remote breaker and Birdhouse.WhizBang Jr., BTS.