Midnite Battery Banks ?

Started by Steve_S, October 30, 2019, 10:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_S

As a Happy Midnite products customer I just wanted to ask this question of Midnite Inc.

Are there any intentions, plans or ideas in regards to have "Branded" Midnite Power Cells" coming to market anytime ?   With the ever increasing power outages on grids and other assorted failures happening more & more frequently, many folks are looking towards more "complete" solutions which will work together with little issues or problems.   We only have to look at the poor folks suffering in California as one of many examples...  of course there is still that massive mess in Puerto Rico.

It would certainly be nice to see 24, 48 & even 73 Volt Packs or some variation of stackable power packs.
Possibly two flavours, one being LifePO4 and another being Lithium-Ion, certainly not FLA or that old tech we need to eliminate.

Thanks for taking the time to read & hopefully, maybe pass it up to those who make the decisions.

Doug

Hi Steve,

The B-17 Inverter will have MidNite Batteries.
Here is a little project with those new batteries.
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=4218.msg41429#msg41429

Thanks,
Doug

Steve_S

The Pack going into the car is for that car.  I was talking about a residential pack, like a Powerwall for lack of a better term,  an ESS system or modular stackable ESS units.   

Doug

Exactly.

There will be MidNite battery modules for the B-17.
The car is to showcase the batteries and is just cool.
Below is a quote from Robin.

http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=602.msg37056#msg37056

Doug

Steve_S

Hmmm, too bad, a shame.  Tesla is selling powerwalls at cost in California… DIY Powerwalls & Imported ones are going like mad.  I was hoping Midnite would have 12/24/48 Volt in 50/100/200 & 400 AH LifdePO4 / Lithium capacity power packs.  Guess I'll be ordering 16pcs CALB LifePO4 200AH cells, BMS etc and build my own...   

This is a very weak area in the North America at the moment and an opportunity to really crash into the market.