What I want for Christmas

Started by qrper, November 08, 2019, 11:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

The wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. At my age, she usually gets me new socks.

I told her I'd like a battery monitor something like the Bogart TM2030 or the Schnider Contex gizmo.

A real battery monitor and not just a battery voltage monitor. I'd like to see total availability of the battery, it's state of charge,  charging amps and discharge amps. Tell me the battery's temperature while you're at it.

Of course, any battery monitor worth's salt will have an array of alarms for faults such as low battery, over current, over voltage and so on. There would be of course a way to put it in "Rick mode" to keep the array of LEDs from blinking. Speaking of LEDs, how about an oled touch screen? The 4 line LCD are so 20 century!

And!! Make the whole shebang simple to install without a degree in computer scienceâ€" like plugging it into one of the RJ45 jacks inside any of the Classics. There's gotta be an app for it too! Bluetooth connectivity would be great so I could check the system out from the comfort of my well worn recliner with my tablet.

That's what I want for Christmas.

My wife looked at me and said, "You're getting socks."

I'm Mike, WB8VGE
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Robin

Mike, I will probably get socks too. We will be able to give you what you want next year. Everything you asked for is being worked on. It will be viewable on your phone. You will need a pile of our batteries and stuff to go with it though. Here is a picture of four batteries with a B17 sitting on top.
Robin Gudgel

qrper

I guess sock for yet another year won't kill me.

Is the a bit deeper than vaporware?

I'm still waiting on my flying car.

Mike,
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.