Wild Kidd LCD Screen

Started by techvt, November 11, 2019, 04:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techvt

Everything seems to work fine but this happens often. Anyone seen this before? On firmware 1864

boB

Before the display cleared up, was the Kid producing power and then went to Resting and LCD cleared up ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

techvt

No, it was already resting because it was dark out.

Highflyer

TVT,

I have seen that before.  A power off reboot cleared it for me.  I have had a few different patterns in the past and if the screen gets really warm, I will also see a partial segment dash once in a while.  I am running 1380 watts of panels seeing 1250 watts on a 48V battery bank during peak sunlight when it happens.  Any fan cooling makes it go away for mine.  With yours at rest, I would say reboot and see what you get.  If that fails, re-flash the firmware and see what you get.

Let us know how it goes.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

KyleM

Looks like part of the hardware that reports data to the screen is borked ... yes this is a very technical and scientific term use only in very elite circles...... mostly just me.

Since you are still making power, when it is convenient for you, please contact our Support team for a RMA. This guy will need to come back for a warranty repair.

Standard repairs are 3 to 5 days not counting shipping.

-KyleM

techvt