News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Date Time memory lapse

Started by stuman, December 18, 2019, 10:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuman

My Midnite Classic 150 can't remember the clock/date/time settings through a reboot.  Is there a cmos battery on board like a computer motherboard?
Midnite Classic 150, Talesun 240 watt X 15 = 3.6kw.  232 ah 6  volt golf cart batteries x 16 = 464 ah @ 48 volt. MagnaSine 4448 inverter.  Grid connected (as opposed to tied...grid is my backup, but I don't ever feed it).

Vic

Hi stuman,

YES,   there is a small Lithium coin battery in the MNGP (Graphic Display).

It is a CR-1216.  When the Classics are shipped,   there is an insulating paper tab that keeps this battery from being discharged,  during storage.   This paper tab needs to be removed,  in order for the MNGP Date/Time info to be retained.

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

FNG

Do know if Time Sync is off in the tweaks menu so you can set it with the local app the battery is disabled and will not store the time and date during a power cycle

boB

The Classic will forget time/date if the power is turned off and back on but should not forget the time/date if it reboots due to auto-restart at midnight or if told to reboot through the Local App.

The battery in the MNGP, if bad, will definitely mess up time and date if the power is turned off and back on again.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Quote from: stuman on December 18, 2019, 10:27:27 AM
My Midnite Classic 150 can't remember the clock/date/time settings through a reboot.  Is there a cmos battery on board like a computer motherboard?

Assuming you have the MNGP on your Classic it will remember the time/date and sync it to the Classic clock which does not have battery backup. Only the clock on the MNGP has a backup battery.  If you have a Classic Lite it will lose the time/date. 

boB, hope you guys changed this in the new controllers. 
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

FNG

Quote from: Resthome on December 20, 2019, 02:09:12 AM
Quote from: stuman on December 18, 2019, 10:27:27 AM

Assuming you have the MNGP on your Classic it will remember the time/date and sync it to the Classic clock which does not have battery backup. Only the clock on the MNGP has a backup battery.  If you have a Classic Lite it will lose the time/date. 

boB, hope you guys changed this in the new controllers.

This is only partially correct, The MNGP has a menu item called Time Sync and when that is off or disabled the clock in the mngp does nothing. This allows you to set the time on the classic using the local app.