Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Started by FNG, December 24, 2019, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNG

Wanted to take a few minutes and wish every one a very merry holidays. Hope everyone has some great times with family and gets all the renewable energy bits they want under the tree tonight

Ryan

boB

Happy Christmas

And Merry New Year

Folks

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Thanks - Happy Holidays from Wisconsin !
It has been so warm I have been getting a lot of antenna work done .
I put up a 40 meter loop antenna and straightened up the 160/80 meter dipole. Also have gotten the old Icom 706MKIIG hooked up to computer via sound card interface and a home built CI-V cable to control it so I can use WSJT-X software and explore the FT8 digital modes. It is interesting , I still have a lot to learn but pretty neat in that it reports all the stations  you have heard to pskreporter website so you can see it all on a map. So that is my ham radio holiday fun !
( I had to shut off the Outback inverter though - makes too much buzz on 160 meters FT8 frequency )
Let me know if anyone ever wants to try a contact from here to there sometime.

Larry WT9M
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Wish my neighborhood didn't have so much dang noise !   It used to be OK here but the last few years I can't hear much unless it's a strong signal.  That's why I do more mobile that anything.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mike90045

Quote from: boB on December 25, 2019, 02:38:25 AM

Wish my neighborhood didn't have so much dang noise !   It used to be OK here but the last few years I can't hear much unless it's a strong signal.  That's why I do more mobile that anything.

It's likely hash generated from solar MPPT controllers.  Does it go away at sunset ?   :P
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV