Unusual Resting

Started by schroew, December 26, 2019, 06:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Quote from: schroew on December 29, 2019, 10:51:38 PM
If it matters the array thats flaky was the first one setup by a couple of days.

Follow me will help both controllers to be in bulk / absorb at the same time and go to float at the same time.

What was the difference in time of day between those two screen shots ?   The newer still and the earlier video ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

schroew

The screen shot is from the video. I just did a screen shot because I fumbled the phone hitting the status button to wake up the display on the controller.

FNG

To add to boB's post, Follow me will NOT help keep one controller from going to resting when the battery is full. Essentially the multiple classics all see a very slightly different battery voltage and as the needed power to maintain the full level drops and the controller's arent needed the ones that see the battery as the highest stop charging.

schroew

I wrote a logstash config for the data exported from mymidnite and when you look at the percent VoC ( bob suggestion), power, PV in kibana timelion  they don't look that far apart. Who has a mapping for some of the fields like mppt_mode, resting, charge_stage, info_flags*?

boB

Quote from: schroew on December 31, 2019, 01:14:25 PM
I wrote a logstash config for the data exported from mymidnite and when you look at the percent VoC ( bob suggestion), power, PV in kibana timelion  they don't look that far apart. Who has a mapping for some of the fields like mppt_mode, resting, charge_stage, info_flags*?

I'm not sure if this list maps directly to My MidNite data but here is what the Classic/MNGP uses for menu status from
modbus register address 4119  (register 4120) that is a 16 bit number divided up into two 8 bit parts.
These numbers are in the high 8 bit half I believe.  The low 8 bits are just a state machine number...

I don't think I was able to paste this as courier font, sorry if it formats awful...

#define StatDispResting     0   //Resting
#define StatDispAbsorb      3   //Absorb
#define StatDispBulkMppt    4   //Bulk MPPT
#define StatDispFloat       5   //Float
#define StatDispFloatMppt   6   //Float MPPT
#define StatDispEqualize    7   //EQ
#define StatDispPvShade     8    //Do not need this state -- Show as Info
#define StatDispOverLd      9    //Do not need this state -- Show as Info
#define PvHyperVoc          10   //PV over Volt //Do not need this state -- Show as Info
#define WakeupCountDwn      11   //Classic waking up (power up only... Wait)
#define ArcFault            12   //Show as Info
#define GroundFault         13   //Show as Info
#define DefCon4Err          14   //ERROR  (Defcon 4)  (unused now ?)
#define ReCal_NegCurr       15   //Negative Battery or PV Current (not snow melt)
#define CurrentLimitReached 16   //Sliding current or user current limit touched
#define UnitIsHOT           17   //could also invoke sliding current limit
#define StatDispEqMppt      18   //EQ MPPT...  Trying to get to EQ voltage

Ahhh !  Looks like it DID format correctly using the [courier] tag !  Great !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

schroew

hmm, let me see how t works.

schroew

one record from the rubydebug output in logstash.

boB

Quote from: schroew on December 31, 2019, 09:47:36 PM
one record from the rubydebug output in logstash.

Ahhh...   Nice ! 

So, the matching number is that third line down, the stage which in your picture is sitting at 0 or Resting

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me