midnite classics working with a Outback Radian 8k inverter settings

Started by giduddy, January 09, 2020, 10:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giduddy

Hello all!

I have 2 outback classics 150's hooked to a 48V Traction battery (1300ah 20 hr) in turn the battery is connected to a raidan 8k inverter.  There will also be a wind source this coming summer.  Looking for basic settings that would work well with this setup.  currently it seems that they are fighting each other when the inverter is selling. the inverter is set to sell at 52+ volts.  I seems that the battery is not hitting its absorb charge and the settings need to be tweaked a bit.  During dark hours the inverter will bump/charge the battery from the grid a couple times durring the night.  the battery is in very good condition, liquid level is correct and Specific gravity is correct.  I did equalize a couple weeks ago without any noticeable effects.  any help would be greatly appreciated, or insight where to look for documentation on this.

thanks

Dustin

boB

The MAIN thing to make sure of is that the Classic or any solar or charge controller is adjusted so that its Absorb and Float voltages are somewhat above the Radian's charge voltages.  This includes the voltages when battery temperature is taken into account.
That can be made easier if the difference in voltage is larger rather than smaller.  For instance, greater than 0.5V or so if possible.
At least you want it higher by 0.1 of 0.2 volts but more is better.  Always make sure that the SELL voltage is set higher than the batteries voltage at resting (no load, no charge)

For wind, make its charge voltage even higher than the solar set point so that the wind turbine will be loaded down some even when the other chargers are active.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me