"Classic Status 4 Plus" email alert issue

Started by openplanet, January 13, 2020, 07:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

openplanet

Apologies if there's a better spot on the Forum to post this.
I would very much like to take advantage of the "Send Email Alert" capability of the Classic Status 4 Plus" program that is available on the Midnite Web site.
Unfortunately I get the attached (on Windows 7) when I invoke a test email from within the program.  I've tinkered with a variety of settings, to no avail.  If anyone has ideas...bring 'em on!  As always, thank you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIANk7zQ05w

FNG

Openplanet,
That is a pretty generic error, Essentially it is unhappy about one or more of the settings.

I know in my case I use go daddy email and I did not check Enable SSL, and used the non secure port (port 25 for go daddy)

So for godaddy it looks like this for me:

smtpout.secureserver.net
port 25
username is my email address
password

What email host are you using?

openplanet

Thank you for your reply.
I'm using smtp.gmail.com
I've tried both ports 465 and 587, and both states of the SSL checkbox, to no avail.

openplanet

Well once again...asking for relevant information prompts a solution.  Your asking what SMTP server I'm using made me change to a different one (my ISPs). Problem solved.  Thank you!

ClassicCrazy

I set up a video camera on gmail using smtp and I couldn't just use the google password - had to go into my  gmail and set something up where it gave me a different password just for that app . After that is worked.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

mcsarge

This is the Google App Password - you have to enable it then add one. It is less secure, and so Google does not like you to use it. But it does work, that is how I email a snapshot of my panels from my Raspberry Pi every day a noon.

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on January 14, 2020, 12:42:46 PM
I set up a video camera on gmail using smtp and I couldn't just use the google password - had to go into my  gmail and set something up where it gave me a different password just for that app . After that is worked.

Larry
Off Grid Island in Ontario Canada (Beaverstone Bay)
Primary: Classic 150 + wbjr; 3s2p HES 270watt
Winter: SolarBoost 50 MPPT (into wbjr); 2 x Sharp NE-80EJEA 80watt
Pack: 4s2p ROLLS S6-460AGM 6V for 24V pack
Inverter/Charger: Trace DR2424
Call Sign: KG4EUF