Classic 250 cp x2 follow-me help

Started by The Ugly One, January 24, 2020, 02:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ugly One

I bought 2 classic 250 cp and heard that I can make them do the follow me by connecting them to my sma si-6048-us-10. Has anyone done this successfully? And if so please enlighten me with the knowledge.
I take them Ray Rays, and turn them into that Boom Boom Zap Juice.

FNG

The Classic 250-CP does not do follow me or communicate with the SMA, The standard classics can do both, but do require the mnsicomm to talk to the SMA

The Ugly One

Ok so I was confused on what someone else said.

The Ugly One

So then how can I configure both classic 250 cp to charge 1 48v forklift battery without them interfering with eachother?

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: The Ugly One on January 24, 2020, 06:45:37 PM
So then how can I configure both classic 250 cp to charge 1 48v forklift battery without them interfering with eachother?
I think you can just program them and they will work individually and regulate more or less at the same .
Or you can set one of them a bit lower absorb voltage so it cuts off earlier.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on January 24, 2020, 09:47:18 PM
Quote from: The Ugly One on January 24, 2020, 06:45:37 PM
I think you can just program them and they will work individually and regulate more or less at the same .
Or you can set one of them a bit lower absorb voltage so it cuts off earlier.

Larry

Yes, this should work.  If the Sunny Island is also going to charge the batteries from grid or generator, you might want to adjust the charge voltages of the Classics slightly higher than the S.I. like maybe 0.2 or 0.3 volts higher.  This way, if there is sun but the S.I. is charging, then the Classics will be more apt to pull their weight rather than the S.I. doing all of the work.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

The Ugly One

Ok thanks. So the classic 250 cp models CAN NOT connect to the mnsicomm then to the sunny island si6048-us-10. I had a downer of a solar store tell me yesterday that all k would need is to buy the mnsicomm and plug them in. I want it all to work properly but I dont want to waste my time and money. 

FNG

No the Carpoff or CP will not connect to the MNSICOMM

The Ugly One

Thanks just wanted to double and triple check since I do like telling people they are ill-informed on the facts. I will be setting up these systems the next couple weeks so I will be back.

CoinHead

Have you seen the thread where these are posted for sale? There seems to be some talk in there about creative ways of communication. http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=4606.0

The Ugly One

Yes but according to some higher intellectual beings on this forum they state that it can not work the way mentioned. So I dont want to fry anything more than what I have and am taking their word for it.