Classic - Aux 1 (Vent Fan High) relay inop

Started by ronjon, February 22, 2020, 04:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronjon

Hi gang.  Hooked my 48V vent fan to the Aux 1 relay on one of my Classics, checked jumpers JP6 and JP8 for proper position, ran the setup for Vent Fan High and set for 52V (batt. voltage was running around 59V) and saved the configuration.  Power cycled.  No joy.  I noticed on the Aux 1 setup page that "manual" is listed, and thought that might be a clue, but was not able to change that.  I have three Classics and all of them show the same thing.  Suggestions?

boB

Hi Ronjon...

When you press MANUAL ON and MANUAL OFF, do you see the AUX enunciator  show up and go away on the MNGP display on the Classic ?   OR, do you hear the relay click ?  The relay is pretty quiet though.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ronjon

Thanks for your reply.  Not sure how to toggle manual on/off.  Please advise :)

ronjon

I figured it out!  Once in the Aux 1/Aux 2 screen with Aux 1 highlighted, I was able to toggle through the various functions with the UP arrow until VENT FAN HIGH was shown.  At that point with the battery voltage above the set point, the Aux 1 relay engaged and the vent fan operated.  I did not see this step in the manual.

boB

Great that you got it working, Ronjon !

Sorry about the steps in the manual.  Maybe we can add something to help.

So, after you set the function in the aux menu and return to the main Aux1-Aux2 function menu,
you can choose what would normally be  OFF-AUTO-ON  but instead of AUTO, we just put the
actual function name in there.

Vent fans operation here we come !

Thanks for posting !
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me