LC 2000-48 wind turbine charge controllers.

Started by sirmoiu, February 28, 2020, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirmoiu

Hi guys,
I am having a problem with this controller, it is 3 phase Ac and my wind turbine is 800 watts 3 phase AC, and i am having problem trying to charge my Gel batteries 12v 4 200ah 48v bank. The company that i purchase the controller from said that it will charge the batteries, but it is not charging, i have the battery cables from the controller connected to the plus and minus on my battery bank and the 3 phase cables from the controller to the 3 phase cable from the wind turbine connected, the wind turbine cables are all green and it is labeled pos. ground or neut. my cable is 10 gauge 15 amps 30 ft outdoor extension cord with the ends cut off, connected to the controller, could i have it hook up wrong or the controller isn't any good , please give me your input, thanks.

ClassicCrazy

You might want to try the Windsun forums on general alternative energy -  or some of the wind power forums.
Not sure if anyone on this Midnite controllers and products  forum is going to be able to provide support for a different brand controller . Especially when their own distributors won't give you the support on something they sold you .
Who knows maybe I am wrong .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Vic

To add to what ClassicCrazy Larry mentioned,

Many wind turbines need significant wind speeds to generate any significant power output.

Also,   if your batteries do not really need charging,  then  there can be little,  or no work for the turbine to do.

Know nothing of your turbine,  or controller.    FWIW,   good  luck,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

sirmoiu

Thanks guys,
i will try to find a forum that deals with wind power,
i also have a classic 150, i should be able to use the 3 phase turbine with the classic right, and a rectifer and a dump load.

boB

This may be a load diversion controller....

3-phase input to a rectifier.  I'm not sure if there is supposed to be an external load resistor or if this just clips the input or something like that.

How many input volts is it good for ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mike90045

>  the wind turbine cables are all green and it is labeled pos. ground or neut.

Your cable is non-standard/wrong for 3 phase wild AC, unless it's rectified up in the turdbine and if so, then it's no longer 3 phase AC

3 phase wire has at least 4 wires.
pA
pB  (phases are often Black, Red, Blue)
pC
Neutral (often white)
optional:
  Ground (should only be green)

https://www.creativesafetysupply.com/articles/wire-color-codes/#header2

http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

boB

Yeah, wind turbine 3-phase wires are typically all the same color.

Doesn't matter as long as you know it's 3-phase

One question is, do you have any wind where the turbine is ?

What voltage is the turbine wound for ?  What kind of turbine is it ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

sirmoiu

Hi,
sorry the extension cord is black, white and green, the wind turbine controller wires are all green  and the wind turbine wires are all green, like the controller it does not tell you if the wires are positive, neutral or ground, the turbine is Chinese made, where i live i can get up to 30 mile and hour winds mostly in November to March months and up to 15 miles an hour the rest of the months. the turbine is 48 volts, i have tested the volts coming in from the turbine with my tester and with the battery volts at 49 volts and the incoming volts from the turbine over 50 volts to the controller it( the controller) would not charge the battery bank.

boB

The 2 green wires from the wind turbine are most likely 3 phase AC.  You will need a 3-phase rectifier to turn those  into DC unless that controller has 3-phase AC inputs

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

sirmoiu

yes, the controller suppose to have the 3 phase input.