kid charge controller repairs

Started by HIsolar808, March 24, 2020, 10:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HIsolar808

Hey guys I have a kid charge controller that recently stopped working.  possibly got some moisture in there and shorted something.

basically everytime i try to go into any menu to adjust settings i get the screen saying "data has been saved".  this goes for all menus.

was wondering if i can send it somewhere to get it repaired vs purchasing a brand new KID controller.

any advise would be great!

thanks in advance

ClassicCrazy

Go to Midnite page and open a ticket .
They said they are still doing support and maybe repairs but some of their facility is closed or slowed down for production.
The first thing I would try if you haven't is do a firmware reset .
Also check the installed blade fuses on the Kid.
You could also try a firmware update if you haven't done that in awhile.
If those things don't work read the knoweldge base , and if no help there open a ticket
http://www.midnitesolar.com/support.php

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

FNG

Definitely reach out to us in support. Support@midnitesolar.com we are still running at full capacity in our support and repair department and will get you fixed right up

HIsolar808

thanks guys.  controller sent in.  hopefully they can repair.

I was thinking of getting another unit for a friend

what is the exact difference between the Marine and non Marine version of the KID.

not sure if i want to dish out the extra cash for the Marine version

cannot find anyting as far as comparing both online.

thanks again people

mike90045

See if you are able to verify there are no stuck buttons on the panel
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

FNG

Quote from: HIsolar808 on March 30, 2020, 02:14:51 AM
thanks guys.  controller sent in.  hopefully they can repair.

I was thinking of getting another unit for a friend

what is the exact difference between the Marine and non Marine version of the KID.

not sure if i want to dish out the extra cash for the Marine version

cannot find anyting as far as comparing both online.

thanks again people
The difference is the packaging, or whats included. The marine comes with a battery temp sesnsor some conduit and a custom swivel mount.

As for the kid they are identical

Ryan

HIsolar808

These guys are the BOMB!

I would highly reccomend Mindnite Charge controllers not only for the amazing quality and diversity but customer support/tech support is awesome.

my KID charge controller stopped working.  I send it in for repairs.  they repaired for very good price and my Kid charge controller works like new again.

Im sure if i had purchased another brand i would have needed to purchase a brand new unit costing $$$$.

great controllers great people.