Classic 150 Settings for NEW Lithium Battery from AES-Discover

Started by crazycanuk, April 22, 2020, 11:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycanuk

I have begun to replace my lead acid battery bank (48 volts, 3 strings or ROLLS 6 volts ) with the new Lithium Battery from Discover Battery (Model Number-42-48-6650).
My current system is made up of :

1) Schneider Electric 6648 Inverter
2) Schneider AGS operating a 10 KW diesel military generator (MEP-803
3) Schneider Combo Box
4 ) Two(2) Midnite Solar 150 with whizbang jr. (NOTE: Only one in place as have not completed solar tower and wiring for second one)
5 ) 8 Trina Solar Panels in a 2X4 setup

Issue I am having is that in following recommended setup from Battery Mfg for settings on Midnite 150, the system will not fully charge the battery. It continues to think that the battery is full at 80 percent of total.

It was pretty straightforward replacement but when comparing data between MPPT and the Schneider, I see about 25 percent difference in battery charge status.  Example Schneider say battery is at 80 percent and Midnite controller thinks it is at 100 percent.

Question:
Has anybody had the same issues with this new battery technology and if you have a solution can you share? I am getting a bit of a run around from vendors and will continue to follow up but I am leaning to it being an issue in the setup.

I love the new battery with a BMS system and it works very well as a replacement for the lead acid batteries.  Goal is to add 2 more once i validate this configuration. Good news is I am getting in my fully off grid home 12 hours of battery time before it kicks in the generator and generator fully charges battery for another 12 hours in about 35 minutes. Now if I can get solar running to charge up to full charge during the daylight hours, I may not see generator usage except int he winter or during surge times when family is here.

As I said we are 100 percent off grid and all power generation is done on site so access sometimes is limited.(1200 square foot log cabin, large pole barn in a working 80 acre farm and tree nursery.)

If this should be in another thread, let me know and my apology to the administrators and moderators.

Thanks all in advance.
Schneider Electric 6648 Inverter
Two(2) Midnite Solar 150 MPPT with whizbang junior
Schneider Electric AGS with MEP803 10KW Diesel Generator
Schneider Combo Box (Older Version)
Schneider SCP
8 Trina Solar Panels
AES Discover Lithium Batter with Battery Management System and Xanbus

mahendra

Have you tried discharging to a safe soc and recharging several times? Soc Columb counting need to be accurate by monitoring what's coming in and what's going out of your battery.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

boB

Need to look at the recommended battery charging specs.  Is it just charging up to a voltage and then stopping the charge ?

How is the Schneider set up ?   Is the Schneider have a shunt on the battery as well as the Whizbang Junior for the Classic ?

The Classic uses the Amp-Hours  in/out (measured by WB Jr.), the amp-hour efficiency (programmed into Classic) and the rated  A-H capacity of the battery (also programmed into the Classic) to get its state of charge percent. 

The Classic is calibrated once in a while to 100% when the Classic's charge cycle goes from Absorb to Float, even if that time is very short.  Maybe the calibration is making the Classic read 100% ????

How does the Schneider calculate the state of charge I wonder ?   I SHOULD know this of course.  I will ask or look if nobody tells me here.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me