Resting 22 Average Battery Voltage is too high above set point

Started by SnoTrax, April 25, 2020, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike90045

I see 2 things (maybe neither are important)

1) The clock is wrong (yellow screen)  will commands still be accepted ?

2) WhizBangJr says the battery is 100% full.  That to me, indicates a no further charge condition.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

SnoTrax

You guys are awesome, thank you so much for your help.  My mini USB is too mini so I won't be able to update the firmware until next weekend and no sun now so I will try switching it to Legacy charge mode next weekend too.
I did adjust the Absorb and Float according to my battery specs. 
https://www.altestore.com/static/datafiles/Others/CROWN1-PowerSheet-12CRV110.pdf

Thanks again guys, SnoTrax

ClassicCrazy

Since previous owner had issues with system - maybe there is some wiring issue ?
It wouldn't hurt to get some photos of  how everything is wired up  so we can take a look.
Also check all the breakers to make sure everything is tight.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

You should be able to change to Legacy P&O tracking from the local app.  Unless, maybe, you don't know the serial number and can't enter the code which IS the serial number (without the CL part)...  There is also a jumper on the Classic that gets rid of the need for the serial number being entered if you are brave.  I think most hackers these days are probably having more fund Zoom-Bombing anyway.

The WB Jr. and state of charge being 100% won't stop it from charging.  The unused amp-hours just get chopped off.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

SnoTrax

Thanks again, guys!  Here is an update:
- Upgraded firmware (both)
- Factory Reset the Classic 200
- Tried Solar, still went to resting Reason #5
- Tried Legacy, still went to resting #5
Currently its very sunny and getting 140v from the panels.

It might be time to get an electrician out here who has experience with Solar.  I just wanted to make sure I was troubleshooting what I could on the Classic.

boB

Quote from: SnoTrax on May 01, 2020, 01:49:20 PM
Thanks again, guys!  Here is an update:
- Upgraded firmware (both)
- Factory Reset the Classic 200
- Tried Solar, still went to resting Reason #5
- Tried Legacy, still went to resting #5
Currently its very sunny and getting 140v from the panels.

It might be time to get an electrician out here who has experience with Solar.  I just wanted to make sure I was troubleshooting what I could on the Classic.

You didn't report back on what the PV input voltage did when it turned on vs. when it is resting.

What did the PV input voltage do ?

Also something I thought of...  Do you hear the RELAY CLICK when the Classic comes out of resting and goes to resting ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me