Classic 200 pushed away when generator runs.

Started by juskarn@gmail.com, May 08, 2020, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juskarn@gmail.com

Have an off-grid system with a Schneider 6848. 3500 amp hour battery system, 2 midnight classic 200's. Whenever the generator runs even if the sun is shining and peak pv production is occurring the charge controllers drop to 0 watts. Have tried to set the absorb on controllers to slightly higher set point than the Schneider's absorb and will be trying to play with the Rebulk voltage on the classic. You guys have any ideas.

mike90045

Working fine with my XW setup

What gauge wire are you using, if too small, classic may erroneously sense higher voltage and throttle back
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

boB

I would say that you are on the right track, trying to raise the Classic's Absorb set point slightly higher than the Schneider's voltage.

But, are the batteries temperature compensation maybe bringing the Classic's Absorb set point lower than you think ?

Go into the Temp-Comp menu and hit the VIEW soft-key and see what the target voltage is.   That shows the temperature compensated Absorb set-point.   Then check the 6848's target voltage if you can.  It may just be that the Classic's set point has to be set a bit higher than you have it set now ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

juskarn@gmail.com

So I tried what the midnight tech support told me to do and set the rebulk voltage to 2/10ths of a volt under the float voltage setpoint. I don't know whether this is going to work long-term but when I ran the generator at the customer site with the sun shining the Midnight classics kept right in n producing. Will wait and keep posted if this works.