Error in Classic Manual about AUX 1

Started by ClassicCrazy, May 09, 2020, 01:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicCrazy

The Classic Manual says this for AUX 1
SOC % High
When SOC reaches % LOW, AUX 1 will turn ON. As the SOC goes up and reaches % HIGH, AUX 1 will turn OFF.

I believe it should say
SOC % High
When SOC reaches % HIGH , AUX 1 will turn ON. As the SOC goes down and reaches % LOW , AUX 1 will turn OFF. 

That is usually what I use - and if I set it for 98% Off and 99% On then I know the loads will never run my battery down below 98 %

I will have to check the SOC Low  - I don't use that but I think it is worded opposite so it might be wrong too.

Also Aux 2 Float High seems to me that it is doing PWM to hold the Float Voltage . It doesn't say this in the manual. I will check it again tomorrow . I have been experimenting with it today and tried a lot of different settings but pretty sure I saw it varying the load . I have Aux 2 controlling SSR that controls 120 AC  outlet that I have water heater plugged into .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Oh NO !!!

OK, will check this out. 

Sounds confusing either way !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Or could it be that when I was around the Float voltage it was just turning the Aux2  on and off real fast because it was late afternoon ?

I am playing around with the Waste Not High now - seems to be working as the manual says - once I figured out that I just needed to set the voltage to 1 volt instead of 30 . I am seeing it adjust the load via pwm so that it maintains the battery voltage  above the Absorb or Float setpoint .
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable