Breaker, lid clearance

Started by zoneblue, December 27, 2015, 12:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoneblue

Finally getting round to fitting the MNPV3 combiner. Anyone else noticed a tight clearance between breaker handle and lid? What am i missing?

6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

BobWhite

ZB, I don't have a MNPV3 but I do have the MNPV6 and checked it for the clearance, it is about the same above the handle as it appears you have below the handles using the enclosure sides as a guide. My lid does rest on the sides when closed so I would think your handles would hit the lid, is that the case? From what I see the combiners should be the same except for the physical size but I may be wrong.
On my combiner it has an isolation material on the upper half of the box bottom but cut out for the din rail ( just wondering if yours is the same or as seen in the instruction manual just under and up the side of the PV bus bar) Maybe the material didn't get removed from under the din rail?
The material would be just thick enough to lift the rail and breakers to that height I would think.
WOW I should have looked better!
12-Lifeline AGM 8D's
10-Lifeline AGM GPL 31T
16- Diehard GC2
4-Classic 3-150 and 1-200
1-Classic Lite
2-BRATS
5wiz bang Jrs, , 2- Samlex-24Volt
5- 235 MX60s
10- Sharp 198
10 Solar world 345 XL Mono

Halfcrazy

It is close but there is no worries. Even if they touch these breakers trip internally and are designed to allow the handles to stay in the ON position after a tripped state
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time