News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

what's it for?

Started by ralph day, May 28, 2020, 07:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph day

Just finished a project and wonder if you can figure out what it's for...from the "almost finished" picture.

mike90045

a fan & duct to move air to an adjoining room, sourcing from floor level implies you want to move cool air
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

boB

You're going to be soldering next to it, aren't you ?

:)
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ralph day

Radon mitigation.

Had a 3 month test done and the levels in the living area (all of the house) were above the Canadian and WHO acceptable levels.  Footing drains and drains under the floor empty into the pit.  Sealed and vented now.  Next January I will test again under the same conditions (wood stove in the basement heats the whole house, so shares any radon entering the basement).  Sump pump hose re-attached and plugged in.  Never runs, just for insurance company peace of mind.  The drains run out to the ditch...money well spent so there's no sump pump load or failures.

Almost 40 years living here, I'm hoping there's no repercussions.

Ralph

ralph day

I just received the prolab test results for Jan to March of 2021.  The test was conducted under the same conditions (time of year, placement of plastic test thingy).  The first, 2020's result was 3 times the Canadian "do something about this" limit of 200 bequerels per cubic meter...it was 660 IIRC.  This last test showed less than 18. 

For under $100 (fan, plywood, 2x4, lexan) that's a pretty good roi.  And I can rest easier now...at least less worries about Radon gas and it's long term effects. 

Ralph

boB

Ralph, where abouts are you where you have to worry about radon ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ralph day

On planet Earth. ;D

Prince Edward County, Ontario.  The blob that hangs down  into Lake Ontario across from Rochester NY.

Limestone.  The footings of the house are directly on limestone. 

Ralph