News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

one Wbjr for classics and kids

Started by bennyspoon, May 29, 2020, 08:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyspoon

Hi gang,

I have both classics and kids on one battery bank, my shunt has the wbjr attached on one side and a victron pcb on the other and is currently going to the master kid.

My question is, can I use the same wbjr for the classic by running the wire from the wbjr to both, or will this cause issues?

Thanks,
Ben.
48v system, 2 solar kids synced{1500w x2 arrays of trina honey 250w}with a 3rd kid synced for hydro f+p 700w turbine{early days!}, classic 150 for 4275w solar ,classic 250/ac clipper for wind {coming} , schneider xw+ 8548 inverter 645ah ex ups exide  jtt12v4800 ,3 strings{fingers crossed}.

boB

Only one host (classic or kid) for the WB Jr. can be used at a time.

Bi-directional data and power goes over that one wire.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

bennyspoon

Thanks for the reply boB,

I have limited room where my shunt is located, is it possible to place/stack  another wbjr directly atop the existing one if the screws were longer or will this not work either?

Thanks,
Ben.
48v system, 2 solar kids synced{1500w x2 arrays of trina honey 250w}with a 3rd kid synced for hydro f+p 700w turbine{early days!}, classic 150 for 4275w solar ,classic 250/ac clipper for wind {coming} , schneider xw+ 8548 inverter 645ah ex ups exide  jtt12v4800 ,3 strings{fingers crossed}.

boB

Yes, stacking two WB Jr's on top of each other should work fine.

We do this with the WB Jr. and the Magnum shunt monitor now.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me