Classic long blinking network issue

Started by SolarMusher, July 12, 2020, 09:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarMusher

Hi all,
My two Classics are in follow me since a few month and were working fine.
Recently, I noticed that my old one (master BTS) was always blinking for a second when the Lite was blinking normally (1/10 second). Temp is still shared and the Lite follows the end of charge normally. My guess is that they are still doing their jobs and communicating. Network cables are from Magnum (the good yellow ones) and are looking fine. My old unit is about 9 years old and the Lite is almost new, they are on the same firmware.
Any idea on what's going on here?
Thanks,
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

boB

Hey Erik !!

So, the LED is ALWAYS blinking long ?   Or once in a while blinking long ?  Does it EVER flash short blink ?

And if you say, force a bulk or float on one Classic, the other doesn't follow it ?  Oh, you have one Lite with not MNGP so maybe you can't easily tell...

Maybe some corrosion has gotten into the phone jack ?

You can test the Classic with the MNGP on it by plugging one end of the phone cable into the middle jack of that Classic and the other end of the same cable into the botom jack of the same Classic and see if the LED blinks short flash.  This could tell you which Classic isn't working properly.

Then, you could move that MNGP to the Classic without the MNGP  (the Lite) and do the same experiment and watch its LED.  If neither Classic blinks short, then the most likely culprit is the cable itself...  Unless BOTH Classic's are screwy, which would not be quite as likely to be.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

SolarMusher

Hey boB!
I hope you're doing well.
Yes, the led is always blinking long on the old one, not a single short blink anymore. At the same time, the Lite is always blinking short as it should.
Anyway, the Lite seems to follow the old regular CL200 on each end of charge.
I will try to test cables on each Classic as you say.
Thanks bob and stay safe.
A+
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

SolarMusher

Yo boB,
After playing with every jacks and adding a bit of silicon grease, they are both working together with short blinks everywhere!
I should be ok for another 10 years lol!
Thanks a lot.
Erik