How to Change battery amp hours for new battery

Started by sga1, July 13, 2020, 03:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sga1

Hello all, I want to change the amp hours for a new battery set up.  I can't find this info in the manual. I've tried factory reset, pressing the setup button does nothing, ( is it suppose to?)  Must be a way to do this, what if I changed from flooded to lithium?  What am I missing here? Thanks for any assistance.

ClassicCrazy

CLASSIC - HOW DO I CLEAR THE LOGS IN MY CLASSIC?
Under the MAIN MENU step to LOGS and press ENTER
NOW, again press ENTER
Use UP/DN to pick the LOG.
When prompted the use the SOFT KEY under "YES" or "NO".

If you don't have this option then your FIRMWARE is too old.

from the Midnite Knowledge Base
http://www.midnitehelp.com/

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

sga1

I guess I wasn't clear in my post.  I mean when you first set up the kid out of the box, your choose battery type,flooded,agm,gel,lithium, how many amp hours the battery you are using has  ect. I need to get into that function to change a few things for my new battery. It has twice as many amp hours that will be available. Thanks

ClassicCrazy

Oops sorry I didn't notice you were talking about the Kid - I was speaking of the Classic.
I haven't been using my Kid but just went and turned it on and looked for that menu and couldn't find it either !
Must be hidden in there somewhere.
I found the info you need - it is in this document
http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/10-264-1_REV_F.pdf

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable