State of Charge Reporting

Started by justinbowser, July 14, 2020, 01:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinbowser

After installing my WBJr "Cathy" used to report the state of charge periodically as well as alternate SOC with charge mode on the MNGP.  After shutting the controller down last evening (battery off, panels breakers off) this SOC reporting no longer happens.  I can still see the SOC in the WBJr screen on the MNGP but not on the main screen that displays Watts, volts, etc.  Also Cathy no longer announces the SOC.  Is there something that needs to be reconfigured?
Justin B. - KI5GKD
Classic 200SL, 2.9 KW of Mission Solar panels
Samlex PST-1500-24W inverter
Specialized Power Systems 800 AH 24 V LiFePO4 battery bank (4x200)

justinbowser

Amazing, it fixed itself...  After the batteries went into float this afternoon the MNGP started displaying the SOC on main screen again!  Have not heard from Cathy yet but I bet she figures it out.
Justin B. - KI5GKD

boB

Right.   The Classic/MNGP will NOT show the SOC %  on the main status screen until the Classic goes to Float once...

This is because when you reset/reboot the Classic, it does not know what the SOC is.   It can guess and does go to 100% internally and you can see that on the WB Jr. screen and you should see the SOC% flashing on and off.  That is so you know that figure is not to be trusted, necessarily.

So, you found the cure but I wanted to reinforce that finding, Justin.

Lots of little things to know that can get confusing quickly
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

justinbowser

Thanks for the sanity check, Bob!  That was my "one thing" to learn today, I can now go back to my vegetative state...
Justin B. - KI5GKD