News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

breaker tripping

Started by buckshot, July 15, 2020, 07:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot

Hello all . i recently added a 3 panel array to my existing 3  panels.  One of the beakers where the power comes into the main inverter keeps tripping. Not immediatly but next day, not sure exactly when .
Any suggestions as to what could be going on ?
Any and all input would be Appriciated.

Mike

mike90045

can you sketch out the wiring ? 

After the panels go thru the charge controller and to the batteries, the inverter breaker should see no difference ??
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

ClassicCrazy

If I understand what you are talking about - the breaker feeding your battery charging is the one that is tripping ?
What is the size of this breaker and what gauge wire feeds it ?
I know on my system I had to change a 60 amp breaker to 100 amp ( and change associated wiring to larger gauge)  when I upped the system. In the past the power out never got close to the 60 amps but with more PV it started tripping the breaker because it got close to it's limit.  So if your breaker is tripping the next day during peak charging that may be your issue.
As Mike mentioned above you need to draw out  your system with wire guage sizes and all the size of all associated breakers.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable