No update between midnight and 10AM

Started by jacobtuft, July 17, 2020, 12:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobtuft

At midnight, mymidnite2 stops showing any new data.   It resumes at 10AM, complete with all the data from midnight. 

I'd love to be able to read my batteries in the AM when they are at their lowest.

Kyle in tech support says its because the classic stops reporting from midnight until it wakes up in the morning in bulk mode, but that's not consistent with what I'm seeing.  My unit wakes up into bulk mode around 6 but doesn't show data till 10.

I have the lastest firmware.

A longtime midnite fan, I just found out about web monitoring this year, upgraded my firmware to enable, and bought a whizbang so that this could be a complete monitoring solution for me.  For the most part I LOVE being to see all my info graphically, but this hole in visibility during a critical time is a bummer.

Thanks for any pointers.

boB

This is news to me if it doesn't report at those times...

Thank you for bringing this  up.

We'll find out though for sure !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

For the systems here that are on MM2,  the reporting is continuous,  every n minutes.

Am quite new as a MM user,  but it would seem that there must be some issue with your system.

One Classic on MM has the latest 2193  FW.  others are running 2126,  both work well.
All of our CCs use Arst=ON,  if that makes any difference.

Have you tried running the Local App,  during the no report time?

Would guess that there is no reporting to MM,  when the LA is connected to the CC  --  only one connection to the Classic permitted   ...
EDIT:   Just ran a quick test,   and it "appears"  that having the LA monitoring a Classic that is reporting to MM,  does not interfere with MM getting access to data when it needs it.   Reality may differ.<

Done guessing,   good luck,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

The Classic allows TWO (2) connections at one time.

One for MM and the other for modbus over TCP/IP, meaning either Local App or something else in addition to MM/MM2

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Yea,  yea,   thanks boB,   a stupid error on my part

Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

boB

Quote from: Vic on July 17, 2020, 06:21:57 PM
  Yea,  yea,   thanks boB,   a stupid error on my part

Thanks,   Vic

No, not stupid.   That's about the ONLY thing I know !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

jacobtuft

Thank you for the quick replies!  This gives me a lot of hope to hear that you two get data all the time....but I have no idea how to begin to trouble shoot this.

I too have firmware 2193.

I will try turning on the A-rst that you mentioned.  Will let you all know in the morning if it does the trick.

Thanks again.

jacobtuft

Turning on A-rst did not fix the problem.  Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot or investigate this?

Attached is a screen shot at 10:00 and one at 10:01AM this morning.  At 10:00, the data only shows up to midnight.  At 10:01 it shows all the data from the nite before.

Any other leads greatly appreciated.

(P.S.  I didn't try local app during that time as suggested because my computer is linux and I dont think I can run that.  But I will try to borrow a computer to check as you suggested)

boB

I'm not sure that I see where the night time reporting stops at night ?

Looks to me like the power production went away for several days in a row ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

jacobtuft

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately I wasn't as diligent with my picture taking as I needed to be for it to have all the pertinent information.

On the first picture taken at 10:00:47 AM, I meant to put the cursor on the last recorded data to show that the timestamp was 12Midnight in contrast to the actual time as shown on the computer clock in the upper right corner of 10AM.  Unfortunatley I put the cursor (not sure the right term) in the middle of the day's data so it doesn't show the time of the last sample on the graph.  If you take my word for it, it was 12Midnite.    If you don't take my word for it, that would be wise in case I'm the source of the problem at hand!

The 2nd picture taken at 10:01:27, you can see the latest data is 10:00...in otherwords its all caught up, inculding the missing data from midnight.

I can try to re-take these tomorrow AM if its helpful.

....and yes, we had a couple of cloudy days.  Thats what I love about this interface so much, that even you, not knowing my system can have visibility and know whats going on just by looking at my graph.  I can see when my partner goes into her workshop or when she has the AC on, or when the generator ran out of gas, when the irrigation timers have turned on or whatever.  Very cool to geek out on....and if I could only get it to work 24 hours a day, I would be even happier with this tool.

jacobtuft

OK, I did a little better with the pictures this time.

The first one, I refreshed mymidnite2 at 10AM this AM and took a screen shot and you can see the last data is form just before midnight last night...in other words missing 10 hours of data.

The 2nd picture I refreshed at 10:01 this am and it shows all the data from this morning.

Any ideas of what to try or how to investigate this further?

Thanks.

PS.   I saw in another thread someone said changing their IP address from DCHP to Static fixed the problem.  I changed mine yesterday and it did not seem to solve the problem for me.

Vic

Jacob,

Will add,   that prior to 7 AM PDT here,    the last  MM2  data ends at 23:59-ish,   with nothing for the current day.   Then,  just after 7:00 AM PDT,  all of the data from Midnight to the current time appears.

Previously,   had not looked at MM data that "early" in the day.

FWIW,     Vic

boB

Yeah, not sure what's up or what I am seeing.
Looked to me like several days of no reporting and not just a night.

I have mentioned this thread to the old and wise ones so we'll see if some more possible answers show up.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

jacobtuft

HI Bob,

Thanks for forwarding my problem.

For clarity on the pictures....

Both pictures show a single day of data on the large graph, and 14 days of data on the smaller graph below.  This is just like the mymidnite screen when you first log in without zooming or changing the the display in any way.

First Picture taken at 10:00AM July 22, you can see the time on my computer clock in the upper right hand corner it is is 10AM.  If you look at the large graphical portion, you can see the cursor is at the end of the data set.  This means the numbers on the left will show the data from that cursor location, in this case the last data shown.  Those numbers show that the last sample displayed is at 23:59 July 21 or basically 12 midnight of the previous day, 10 hours before the current time on the computer.

Second picture taken at 10:01AM July 22, you can see on my computer clock in the upper right its 10:10.   The main graph is now updated showing data up to the current time.  The cursor is at the end of the graph and so the numbers on the left correspond to the last sample.  The data shows that that sample was at 9:52AM on July 22, in otherwords the graph is now up to date.

Basically I'm just trying to show that up tiill 10 AM, it only shows data from the night before and at 10:01 magically it starts showing all the data up to current.

Thanks for your time and attention.

-Jacob

jacobtuft

Vic....fascinating!  Can I ask what timezone you are in?

I'm noticing that my timezone is UTC-10.  Maybe if yours is UTC-7, than that will give us a clue to what is causing the problem.  I just changed my time zone this morning, and await to see if that changes when the data is available.

Thanks for that piece of information, may be very helpful.

-Jacob