mymidnite excessive data rate

Started by kootzie, July 20, 2020, 11:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kootzie

A client recently connected his two Classic charge controllers to the internet
and went through the song and dance of configuring them to spray data into mymidnite

about a week or 10 days later, he was having problems with his internet connection
investigation with his internet provider revealed 5GB of data had been transmitted

when he inquired of the midnite tech support line, he was told that there is no parameter
which governs the data update rate

once the ethernet connections were disconnected the data rate plummeted.

this seems inconceivably irresponsible
there is no possible way that there is any need for near-real-time data updates on a web portal

my assumption is that the person he talked to in tech support is clueless and that there are indeed
some settings which control the data update rate, or perhaps implement a delta % strategy which
would suppress flatline data while enabling capture of transients

does anyone in here know how to tweak this / fix this ?

best regards,

boB

5 GB in 10 days sounds like quite a bit excessive.   That doesn't make sense to me ?

Will point this out to the engineers.  Maybe there is an explanation.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mike90045

I have a 6gb data package on my phone, it's not getting anywhere near my classic
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

FNG

There isn't a data throttling setting for Classics on Mymidnite.
The Classic-MyMidNite interface uses about 316kB per day Download and about 216.4kB Upload. That's an average of about 9.7 MB Down and 6.64MB Upload per month.
I'm not sure where the 5GB in a week came from, you should only see about 10MB per Classic per month