Mapping Charge Stage numbers in log (1,2,3,4,5) to actual charge stage

Started by 5 Minutes 2 Midnite, July 25, 2020, 05:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Minutes 2 Midnite

I know I've found this before, but it ain't easy. How do the numeric numbers in the 'Charge Stage' of the logs (1,2,3,4,5) match to the actual charge state of the controller. Is it as simple as: 1-5 = Sleep, Bulk, Bulk MPPT, Absorb, Float?
Qty 24 Sharp 153W poly panels, Midnite MNPV6 combiner, Midnite Classic 150 charge controller, Magnum MS-4448-PAE inverter with RC50 remote, Magnum MMP Mini panel,  QTY 2 Chinese made self-contained 200 AH wall mounted LFP power banks with built in BMS

Vic

Hi Five  Minutes..,

This will  not  address  your  question at  all,    but,   there is  really no "Bulk" stage,   it is  always  Bulk-MPPT.   There is a Resting state,    and  a Float-MPPT.

But,   regarding  Stage/state numbers  in Logs,   dunno.   Others will  know.      FWIW,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

5 Minutes 2 Midnite

Qty 24 Sharp 153W poly panels, Midnite MNPV6 combiner, Midnite Classic 150 charge controller, Magnum MS-4448-PAE inverter with RC50 remote, Magnum MMP Mini panel,  QTY 2 Chinese made self-contained 200 AH wall mounted LFP power banks with built in BMS

5 Minutes 2 Midnite

What I've been able to glean so far from looking at the logs and comparing to known states of charge reflected on the local app....

(Subject to change)

0: Resting
1: (there is no "1" in the logs of a 24hr cycle)
2: (there is no "2" in the logs of a 24hr cycle)
3: Absorb
4: Bulk MPPT
5: Float
6: Float MPPT

Resting seems to have some number of codes related to stage 0 that display on the local app but show as "0" in the log:
Shows as RESTING (1:Low Light). Nighttime
Shows as RESTING (38:Unknown). Showed momentarily after pack had reached FLOAT. Then went back to FLOAT.

boB

Yes, BULK MPPT means that it is in the first stage and when it gets to the Absorb voltage, it just turns into
Absorb stage.

When/if  the battery voltage falls more than a couple or so tenths of a volt below the Absorb voltage again, before the timer or ending amps is satisfied, the stage goes back to BULK MPPT again and stops counting down until the voltage gets back up to Absorb again to repeat or finish the Absorb time.

I think your list is correct.   Stage numbers 1 and 2 are not used.  I can't remember why ????

It is missing EQ for equalize Also there is EQ MPPT, same as Bulk and Float MPPT when getting to the EQ voltage.

Here is my list of charge numbers that map to the display.

BattChargeStage

#define StatDispResting     0
#define StatDispAbsorb      3
#define StatDispBulkMppt    4
#define StatDispFloat       5
#define StatDispFloatMppt   6
#define StatDispEqualize    7           //  "  EQUALIZE  "
#define StatDispPvShade     8         //Partial Shading  (Vmpp < 65% of Voc) I don't think this is implemented anymore ?
#define BatteryOverVolt     9
#define PvHyperVoc          10         //PV over Volt
#define WakeupCountDwn      11        //Classic waking up (display shows count down after reset)
#define ArcFault            12
#define GroundFault         13
#define DefCon4Err          14       //ERROR (FET DRIVE)  Defcon 4
#define ReCal_NegCurr       15        //Negative Battery or PV Current (not snow melt)
#define CurrentLimitReached 16       //Sliding current or user current limit touched
#define UnitIsHOT           17       //Probably current limiting also
#define StatDispEqMppt      18        //Equzlize MPPT...  Trying to get there

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

5 Minutes 2 Midnite