Question About AGS Function

Started by The Grand Pooh-Bah, September 18, 2020, 12:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Grand Pooh-Bah

From the Manual
QuoteGen Run Confirm:
When the battery voltage has dropped below the set point and the delay time has been satisfied The KID will begin the process of starting the generator. The first step it takes is to temporarily disable the input charging so it can monitor the battery voltage to verify the generator actually started. This is called The "qualifying time". The KID will then watch the battery voltage to verify that it has risen and confirm that the generator has started. This is called the "Gen Run Confirm Voltage".

How long is the "qualifying time" and is it adjustable?
Reason I ask is that the only time my generator would auto start is in the dead of winter.  My diesel generator runs for 8 minutes before its load contactor closes and puts a load on the generator.

Also once the generator gets a start signal it will try to start  up to 3 times with a delay between attempt's.

Thanks

Wizbandit

It's not adjustable, I think it's like 60 seconds to maybe 90 seconds, not sure.
The only way to make it work with your system is to wire a small battery charger off the output of the generator to make the KID's battery voltage rise.
If the KID does not "Confirm" it will disable AGS and toss a big RED ERROR LED at you and need to be manually reset by turning AGS to OFF then AUTO.  No Auto retry or reset.